Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone

Options
2»

Replies

• kind_a_fun
    Options
    are you able to find this in the excercise tabs? I used my video this morning - it's getting cold - and wanted to log accurately.
  • Jill1228
    Jill1228 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My old cable network had her on demand. I did them, but put them on mute and cranked up my iPod--her voice is grating :)
    I just moved and we now have direct tv. I hope they have WATP on there
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am really impressed with this Walk Away the Pounds. Edie(Nwfamilygal)has been trying to get me over there to do it and I finally went today!! Talk about a workout!!! What I need to know though, is how many calories does the 3 miles burn and eventually the 4 mile. I can't find any info online. How do you other folks calculate cals burned?

Thank you much, denise in Sams Valley OR
    15 min mile=4 mile/hr
    12 min mile=5 mile/hr
    The DVD will have on the back which routine is 12 or 15 min miles...
    Have fun!
  • Sballard418
    Sballard418 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love Leslie lol. I've been just putting how long the show is (TWC) and do the 3.5 or 4.0, although I think you burn more will all the extra steps its almost aerobic. You def are sweating after ward I'm up to the 3 mile and it feels great
  • kfleming55
    Options
    Calories burned depends on your weight.
    Living Strong has said 15 mins at 200lbs is 117 burned.
    150lbs for 15 mins is 80 calories.

I use the low impact aerobic setting on sparkspeople and it comes out to be what they say.
    However some of the faster DVDs like the 5 mile one there are segments that do a mile in 9 and 12 mins.
    the slower tapes will burn less calories.
    I love the 5 mile tape because you can pick the speed for the mile you want to do and just keep going as long as you want or do 2 really quick miles in 18 mins by repeating the 9 min mile segment.

Leslie herself has said on some Dvds that it equals a 12min mile which I think is a good average.
    best to you.:happy:
  • RudhaWakening
    Options
    I agree! I have about 5 different work out dvd's of hers and she is awesome. I'm definitely a sweaty mess when I am done.
  • ames3456
    Options
    These workout videos are awesome!!! I needed something that is low impact, my knees can't handle alot of squating and lunges or up and down movements. It is perfect for me. I get the workout I want,and I am able to do ALL the moves without any knee pain.This is the best workout video I have ever found. I enjoy doing it.....it isnt one of those videos that you wanna give up on after one week of using it!!! I fo it at home and at work on my lunch break!!!!
  • jackie13z
    Options
    This link is to a calculator that will tell you how many calories you burned while doing WATP. http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/calories-burned-leslie-sansone-dvd-walk-away-the-pounds-ultimate-collection-
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love walking with Leslie... I use through Youtube via my television. She's so motivating.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I heard Leslie say her 15 minute walks are 4mph brisk pace...
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options