Does anyone know what the fat on the treadmill mean?

Options

Replies

• I have no clue.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    Could you be a bit more specific in your question? I didn't understand what you are asking, and I'm sure some of us treadmill lovers could help...

:flowerforyou: Cheryl
  • yes sure! i guess i didnt give a good description.
    but it alternates with how many calories i have burned and usually i will get up to 100 on fat but i dont know what that means. there is no unit of measure either.

Thanks
  • cmriverside
    Options
    yes sure! i guess i didnt give a good description.
    but it alternates with how many calories i have burned and usually i will get up to 100 on fat but i dont know what that means. there is no unit of measure either.

Thanks

Read your post above. I use several different treadmills and I still don't have any idea what you are asking.

But, I'll tell you what I know :smile: They usually have several "programs" you can use. If you are using the "Fatburner" program, you are given a variety of inclines and differing "hills" - some steep and some longer, shallower hills, over usually a 30 minute time frame. You can adjust the incline if it is too easy or too hard, but try to establish your heart rate several times throughout the 30 minutes. You need to be getting your heart rate into a heartbeat-per-minute range that will cause you to burn fat. On my machines at the gym this is usually 60-80% of my heart rate range. If you choose an "Interval" program, you will be cycled through two inclines only and you will have a set amount of time in each incline level ( like a minute and a half of each / alternating,) which is supposed to raise and lower your heart rate in the optimum Cardio heart rate for you. In truth, the treadmills don't always switch quickly enough and the heart rate monitors on the treadmills are not the most accurate in the world, especially frequently used gym machines, so it is best if you measure your own heart rate.

It is up to you to establish your heart rate goals based on your individual situation (by using a heart rate calculator). Try this one:

http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/activity/thr.htm

I have no idea if this is any help to you, I hope so. You can also go to the website of whoever manufactured your treadmill and look at the instruction manual and maybe that will help!

Good luck.

Cheryl
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    I am an avid runner...I run 5-6 miles daily...the best way to monitor your heart rate, % of fat burned and calories deficit is to purchase a heart monitor and watch. I have the Polar F6 and it's wonderful! Besides the above benefits, when I compete in races it helps me to monitor my heart rate and therefore my target pace. There are a lot of different brands on the market but I highly suggest that you get one that comes with a chest strap, these are the only type that are truly accurate.
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    I am an avid runner...I run 5-6 miles daily...the best way to monitor your heart rate, % of fat burned and calories deficit is to purchase a heart monitor and watch. I have the Polar F6 and it's wonderful! Besides the above benefits, when I compete in races it helps me to monitor my heart rate and therefore my target pace. There are a lot of different brands on the market but I highly suggest that you get one that comes with a chest strap, these are the only type that are truly accurate.
  • cmriverside
    Options

yep, I just posted some info about the Polar F11 that songbyrd got on this post: 2/18 at 8:04 pm PT

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6366-holy-calories-batman

Here it is: (it's available in pink XS or blue S for women.)

I'm putting a picture of the PolarF11 on my profile page.

AMAZON: Women’s Polar F11 Heart Monitor - Blue Glow (190027075)
    List Price: $159.99 -(comes with chest strap)

They have less expensive ones, I think one of the Polars (or maybe it was the Omron) is $29.00. The Polar F11 is "Top of the line" for women.