Do you wait for your partner to get home to eat with them?

Options
2»

Replies

• Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like this is an issue that can impact your health. That being the case, how he feels about it should not be a consideration. My husband likes it when we can eat together, but wouldn't want me waiting that late. He generally gets home around 7:30, and there are definitely days when I can't wait that long. Your boyfriend is lucky he's got you there to make his dinner. If it's making it harder for you to get healthy, eat when you need to.
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I would be inclined to eat when you want to... it might not be a meal together every night, but you can always have those nights together... you could always have dessert together, some fresh fruit or yoghurt etc after his late dinner.
  • mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your replies! This was starting to worry me because I know that I NEED to be eating earlier, I know it's impacting on my health and making me gain weight when I have to eat such a big meal right before bed. I guess it's one of the struggles of trying to mesh two different lives together. He always eats late and goes to bed really late whereas I used to be the complete opposite - I even used to eat dinner at 4:30pm every day and that really worked for me.

I'm going to eat dinner with him tonight because I said I would but I will mention to him that I really can't do that anymore. I think he should be grateful that I make his dinner and it's waiting for him when he comes home! :p
  • jenniebee19
    jenniebee19 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Maybe two small mini meals??
    I'm a firm believer that a family that ears together
    Stays together. When I was a kid my dad didn't get home til 9pm and
    we all waited to eat.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Usually I wait until he's home. I feed my kids earlier. Sometimes they eat the same foods and sometimes I make them something completely different. I have found my hubby and I are actually able to have a conversation if it's just the two of us at the table instead of constantly focusing on the kids.