Workout advise needed please.

Options
I just started working out again. I've never been hard core into working out, but am trying to do more. I was doing some upper body and elliptical/treadmill/walking.

I started Jillians Ripped in 30 on Monday. My muscles are pretty sore. I've been working through them (day 3 today)... The upper body isn't too bad, but man are my legs sore!

My question is: When is it best to work through the soreness and when should you rest? How sore is too sore? Any suggestions to help would be appreciated.

THANK YOU!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I like to go with a schedule. Every other day (sometimes 2 days between) I do a hard workout. On the other days, I either rest or do a light workout. Here is an example:

Monday: light workout, walking, c25k (walk / jog sections), short treadmill work (30 mins or less) mostly cardio stuff that does a good bit of body stretching and not too much pushing muscles out of the comfort zone

Tuesday: lift weights. only 30-60 minutes but I lift as heavy as I can handle and do a full body workout

Wednesday: similar to Mon. Or I will just sit around. I like walking better , though. only takes a half hour.

Thurs: lifting again

Fri: Mon/Wed kind of thing

Sat: lifting again

Sun: same as mon / wed / fri .

I will say that *I* have found it easier on me if I walk around and get stretching and moving if my muscles are sore from the previous workout. You don't have to push it to the limit everyday. in fact, it is better not to.