Need suggestions for exercise / strength training

Options
Ok, gotta find something to do besides Zumba and walking-jogging, yoga... I have MS , so balance is iffy, and muscles are quite weak so I need to start out slow and gentle... Anyone have any DVD's to recommend .... Want to gain strength .. Not burn calories... I walk or do Zumba everyday! You cannot offend me so please suggest anything!!!

Replies

• Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    wow.. i thought for sure someone would answer my request... hmmmmmm..... oh well.....
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I can't do the squats or lunges in it, so it ruins the flow of it!
  • ruthiejewell
    ruthiejewell Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Mmmm not my area of expertise AT ALL!! I hope some fitness fanatics or experts reply. There are plenty here. Maybe there's a more specific forum? I sometimes follow Chairobics on Fitness TV (just UK?) which actually feels a bit of a light workout. Also we use Abba dance game for the Wii, fun, very few squat type things, which we leave out. People talk about someone's walking/Walk It Out DVD's. Someone Sansome maybe?? I'm also surprised you haven't had lots of replies! Good luk!
  • ruthiejewell
    ruthiejewell Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Oh I meant to add do the walking etc holding on to a chair maybe?
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If you have a Wii the fitness exercises are great. Yoga is usually good to do. You said your balance is off but have a chair nearby to hold on to and just do what you body will allow you do to by taking deep breaths. You should find over time that you can gradually do more. I know the PBS station also has some great chair workouts.

Also just lifting weights is a great exercise. You can modify but sitting down or holding on to something.
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it, but I have heard good things about Jane Fonda's newest fitness DVD.
  • johnnyg211
    Options
    i have cerebal palsey so i know exactly what u mean...buy some dumb bells and use those while sitting or laying...as for me i go to the gym and use the weight lifting machines but 1 day ima get the courage to go try the dead lifts n hope i dont fall lol