62 lbs down, 12 to go!

Options
tdomzal
tdomzal Posts: 25 Member
Just was amazed by everyone's success, so i dug up old pics, and am actually amazed at how different i look!

ou5u77.jpg

cant figure out how to actually put a pic on this yet.

Replies

• EvieNieves
    EvieNieves Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you have to replace the upper case to lower case in the brackets where you see IMG change it to img keeping the brackets etc..
  • tdomzal
    Options
    Thank you!
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • BeautyNPower
    BeautyNPower Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! Congrats and Brava!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • CRenaeB
    CRenaeB Posts: 66
    Options
    Did you REALLY believe that you could get to 140 in the beginning of your journey? Everyone keeps telling me that 140 from 221 is unrealistic for my body type, but then I see pics like yours!
  • EvieNieves
    EvieNieves Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    no problem! wow awesome job!! you look great!!
  • tdomzal
    Options
    I really didn't think it was possible, but now i'm a firm believer if you put your heart into it, you can achieve anything! im down to 134 as of today, 12lbs away from my goal. A year ago i would have laughed at the thought of me being this small, but when you get determined you can do it! I wish you the best of luck!!!

And thank you so much everyone =] im so glad i found this site i'm finding so much motivation to get to my goal its unreal!
  • lirpa2011
    lirpa2011 Posts: 8
    Options
    First of all, you look AMAZING!! CONGRATS!!... I was wondering what pointers you could give to someone who is just starting out on their journey? I am 5'1" and weigh 170. I want to get down to 130-140...by this time next year...any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Great job!
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I really didn't think it was possible, but now i'm a firm believer if you put your heart into it, you can achieve anything! im down to 134 as of today, 12lbs away from my goal. A year ago i would have laughed at the thought of me being this small, but when you get determined you can do it! I wish you the best of luck!!!

And thank you so much everyone =] im so glad i found this site i'm finding so much motivation to get to my goal its unreal!

Thank you for this. I have a low goal also and people tell me I cannot get to it but I am going to try and succeed.
  • tdomzal
    Options
    Thank you so much =], and congratulations on starting your journey, i use this word because honestly its the biggest adventure I've taken. Some little advice i have is find things you love doing, i hate the gym and will not step foot in it, i do everything from zumba, golfing, weight training at home, playing with my son, just over all making sure i get in some activity everyday. I started doing little things like at work instead of just standing, i'd do calf raises, and i do twenty squats while I brush my teeth, i try to make everything i do just a little more active. In the beginning I started slow, but as the weight comes off you find more motivation to push yourself. I didnt even work out everyday for the first month or so, but when my body started changing i wanted to do more to keep up progress.

I hope this helps you a bit, and i wish you luck, and am so proud of you for starting your journey!
  • tdomzal
    Options

Thank you for this. I have a low goal also and people tell me I cannot get to it but I am going to try and succeed.

I read the saying set as your pro pic, and it is %100 true, you CAN do it!
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Look amazing, a good inspriation to me! I'm about 178, and want to be 140, so you are my goal weight, but I wouldn't mind being 135 either!
  • tdomzal
    Options
    Look amazing, a good inspriation to me! I'm about 178, and want to be 140, so you are my goal weight, but I wouldn't mind being 135 either!

Thank you! i was amazed how inspiring other people can be, when i started i wanted to be down to 140, when i hit that i made a new goal of between 125 and 120, and im already halfway there! It's amazing what you can do setting the smaller goal after hitting the big one really helped me, you'll hit your 140, then be so happy with yourself, you'll say i am gona lose that last five!
  • betteringmyselfeachday
    Options
    What an inspiration! Can you tell us anything that helped you lose that much weight? i am wanting to lose about 60 pounds or so and would love some advice! Thanks!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this and thanks for admitting that you didnt think your CW was possible.

unfortunately i've started to lie about my goal weight to people because i also want to be 135-140 and i got tired of hearing how it would be impossible for my body type and how i'd look like skeletor blah blah blah

was there a certain point in your weight loss where it got harder to lose?

you look great by the way plus it's nice to see you were able to keep your curves.. very inspiring :drinker:
  • tdomzal
    Options
    What an inspiration! Can you tell us anything that helped you lose that much weight? i am wanting to lose about 60 pounds or so and would love some advice! Thanks!

First off thank you, i'm glad to share what i can! Mostly i just strted becoming more active in everything i did, i turn all of my daily activities into something a little extra. Like doing squats when i brush my teeth, calf raises while i stand at work, I dance around my house when i clean, have become very active in playing with my son. I workout in some way every day, even if its just ten mins. I have high intensity work out days, and low ones. I workout based on my mood, so one day i could do yoga, and the next be doing weight training. I do cardio every day, mostly in the form of walks with my son and dog.

MY philosophy stay active, you dont need to spend two hours straight a day at the gym to get the results you want, you have to find things you enjoy doing to get the results you want. And try to add extra movement in your daily activities, doing pushups during commercials is better than sitting on the couch.

As far as eating, this a rough area for me. the man in my life is a texas man who loves fried, fatty, salty foods. This is where i put myself first. I made my family what they wanted to eat, and made my own variation of what they had, in a month i couldn't even stand frying food anymore because my body had fallen in love with the healthy choices i was making. Eating healthy, as a life style versus a diet is key. Don't get me wrong i cheat and eat out, or make dessert, but when i do its all in moderation, its not cheating, its having the self control to treat your body right. We all need a little of EVERYTHING in our diets, some more than others, so dont ban food, just learn moderation.

I hope this helps!
    and i wish you the best of luck!
    =]
  • tdomzal
    Options
    thanks for posting this and thanks for admitting that you didnt think your CW was possible.

unfortunately i've started to lie about my goal weight to people because i also want to be 135-140 and i got tired of hearing how it would be impossible for my body type and how i'd look like skeletor blah blah blah

was there a certain point in your weight loss where it got harder to lose?

you look great by the way plus it's nice to see you were able to keep your curves.. very inspiring :drinker:

The weight came off really easily for about the first 20 lbs, because all i did was become more active from being completely sedentary. After that i hit a wall and stayed around 170 for over a month, i got fed up and started doing light workouts, yielding more weight loss, the lighter i became the harder i worked. Unfortunately the hardest to lose is this last 12lbs. I really want to be 120-125, but coming here i really feel like i can do it so many people have, i've found the motivation i need, and i hope to inspire people as well!

Thank you very much btw, and dont let anyone bring you down, if you want to achieve it you can!
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!