New adventure, looking for friends and advice

Options
I re-joined about a month ago and finally getting into a good routine. Looking for friends to help motivate me and whom I can help on their journey. I'm still trying to figure out my best plan of action to lose weight, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. My story, 3 years ago I was over 300lbs; I'm currently at 250, but my goal is to be under 200. I've lost nearly 12lbs in the last month, but it was all in the first week. I work with a trainer twice a week, alternating between strength training and core exercises. I do cardio an additional 3-4 times a week. My BMR as of last month was 1824 kcal, so my plan was to net about 1700 per day. Seems like I've already hit a plateau. Advice??

Also looking for workout friends. If you live in the Nashville, TN area and are looking extra motivation to workout, I'm happy to help.

Replies

• Rachelle_Rachelle
    Options
    From what I understand everyone hits a plateau about every 2 weeks or so. That's the natural way of exercise so it's important to constantly change your routine and ensure that you are doing a lot of cardio. I like using machines at the gym that count what I've burned because I can always increase my goals from there. If one week I am constantly burning 500 calories and just can't get past that amount, I know I need to change up my routine or challenge myself more or in different ways. For example, I love the bike classes at my gym but sometimes instead of biking on my butt for the whole class I will try standing which adds a different element to my routine and challenges different muscle groups.

Hope this is helpful. :-)