can't stop eating, please help! :'(

Options
For the past months i have had a big success in weight loss. I dropped 30 pounds!! but when i was begging to get too skinny i started to eat fattening foods like dessert and foods like pizza and burgers as much as i liked. Some days i stay on a good diet but the past couple of weeks every here and there i would binge eat until i was a stuffed pig and thats exactly what i feel like. I've now gained 6 pounds because i kept eating and eating even after i was full, and today was just another binge day, i've had alot more in the past. Please help, i feel like crying that i cannot control myself over this.... i don't know what to do. Please any helpful thoughts on how i can stop this eating disorder of mine???

Replies

• emmoryz
    emmoryz Posts: 20
    Options
    "beginning'
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    hello,
    maybe you could try setting new goals for yourself? Like rather than try to gain weight, try to tone-up and in order to do that, you need to eat healthy... which automatically should put a curb on your binge eating. Eating could also be tied to emotional feelings of yours, so maybe you should evaluate what makes you want to eat the things you eat?
  • Brandybeayon
    Brandybeayon Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    as simple as it sounds .. The past few days I have also Had a very hard time wanting to binge eat.. when I think I can not control myself I drink as much water as I can 2-3 full glasses and then allow myself what I was wanting So far it has really helped becasue By the time I am eating the junk I really want I am pretty much full from the water... I am just starting with this so I am just saying what has helped me
  • Alcereceda
    Alcereceda Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    get control of it and decide to recognize it and redirect it when you can- it is a three headed monstor!!!!
  • jelly2177
    jelly2177 Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself completely of those foods or you will crave them more. Try cutting your portions in half or having a lower fat version like turkey burgers. also maybe if you balance out those bad foods with good ones like have a big salad along with your slice of pizza so you will get fuller on the healthy stuff.
  • EarthyChocl8AKA
    Options
    I know how you feel and what helps me other than visualizing myself at my goal weight constantly (even while working out and eating) is drinking enough water! I have been able to drink 16 cups a day which is the required amount for my size and when I down that water I no longer feel the need to eat outside of my scheduled times or eating more than I should. Also I'm a big sweets person but I have found that eating 1-2 tbs of peanut butter when I'm craving unnecessary food/sweets helps instantly. Hope this helps.
  • emmoryz
    emmoryz Posts: 20
    Options
    thanks for the advice, it's not that im not eating the foods i love, it's that i eat a small portion of it but then go back for more and more, and then after that i start to eat other unhealthy foods. I've probably consumed atleast 3,000 calories today, maybe even more...