C25K.....

Options
2»

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    how do you log C25K on MFP? I can't figure it out, please and thank you!!!!:smile:

I have no idea....
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I use Nicole's podcasts (a little like Suz's, hip hop, pop and all that) that can be found at:
    http://gonicoleyourself.blogspot.com/2008/06/couch-to-5k-podcast-page.html
    If you're the type to get bored easily, there are a few different options to choose from during the first weeks so you don't have to do all three days of a week with the same music.

Here's another set of podcasts, but I haven't used these myself:
    http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html

If you like Christian indie music, this is the podcast I used for week 2 (there are also the other weeks as well):
    http://www.buriedtalentsband.com/C25K/

Awesome....THANKS!!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    The long runs on paper scared me but I was able to do them all...I am so happy that I started and finished C25k - it's an awesome feeling. I didn't use podcasts just me, the track and my ipod.

Awesome!!! I can't wait to start!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    how do you log C25K on MFP? I can't figure it out, please and thank you!!!!:smile:

I have no idea....

I have a custom exercise walk/jog and enter the calories in off the HRM

If you don't have a HRM-enter the amount of walking time and jogging time separate
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Here's another thread for those of us who are just starting...it might be easier to motivate each other if we just use one thread. :flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    Options

I have no idea....

I have a custom exercise walk/jog and enter the calories in off the HRM

If you don't have a HRM-enter the amount of walking time and jogging time separate

I need to get a HRM :smile:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    My hubby just loaded my Mp3 player with the C25K workouts!! Can't wait!!!
    Planning on starting next week!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Here's another thread for those of us who are just starting...it might be easier to motivate each other if we just use one thread. :flowerforyou:

Ok........why don't we start one....
    let me know if you do...I will keep up with you guys :wink:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    im in, this is my third group to join. hopefully this will make my *kitten* lose weight!
  • SallyAnn
    SallyAnn Posts: 43
    Options
    It works!!!!!!!!

Ran my 5k in 31:30.:wink:

I never thought intervals would work, but they do. For the training, I was doing 4.0 (MPH) for the walking and 6.0 (MPH) for the running on the treadmill.
  • SallyAnn
    SallyAnn Posts: 43
    Options
    If you don't have a heart rate monitor, use the talk test. You should not be so winded that you can not talk.

Slow and steady is the key to the program. Once you hit the 5k mark you can increase the pace with (you guessed it) more intervals.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hi All.
    I just finished my first day of my Week 3 of Couch to 5k and I have to say I am pumped!! :bigsmile: I didn't think I could run for 3 minutes straight (mostly because of being chubbs, but also because of an old injury) but I did it. I could've jumped up and down. The best news is if I can do it- I know anyone else can.

Not trying to gloat, just high on "hey I actually did that!" excitement.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Hi All.
    I just finished my first day of my Week 3 of Couch to 5k and I have to say I am pumped!! :bigsmile: I didn't think I could run for 3 minutes straight (mostly because of being chubbs, but also because of an old injury) but I did it. I could've jumped up and down. The best news is if I can do it- I know anyone else can.

Not trying to gloat, just high on "hey I actually did that!" excitement.

OMG, I did that day on Monday, and I agree with you! it was amazing to think I could do that! I didnt think I could! YEAH to us both!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

Ok........why don't we start one....
    let me know if you do...I will keep up with you guys :wink:

Sorry, I'm a knucklehead, I meant to post the link of the other thread that I originally mentioned! :laugh:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/59810-anyone-starting-couch-to-5k