anyone notice a change?

Options
I have lost about 12 pounds but I really haven't noticed a difference. I was wondering if and what was the first thing you have noticed after losing weight ? I just feel stuck!

Replies

• xtanyx
    xtanyx Posts: 53
    Options
    Have you taken pictures? A picture is worth a thousand pounds :p
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My clothes fitting differently. Slowly the tight clothes just started to fit like they should. I didn't do measurements when I started and now I wish I did.

It took over 20 lbs for me to see it in my face. But I could tell in my clothes at 10 lbs.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    It was about 20 pounds for me...and others started noticing at 30 pounds. Don't worry. it will get there. Just keep working at it.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Ummmm....you've lost 12 pounds...I'd say that's a pretty significant change. Be grateful the scale is moving...for a lot of people, it doesn't.
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    You're probably not going to notice so much, 'cause you look at yourself every day... how about other people? Have people told you they've noticed?

The first thing I noticed was putting on a pair of pants that I always had a little effort buttoning, and they buttoned right up with enough space at the waist to not crush my thumb... 12 pounds is significant, so be proud of yourself... keep working... and be humble when the compliments come rolling in! :smile:
  • xosmsox
    xosmsox Posts: 119
    Options
    It took 20 lbs for me to truly see a change! Keep it up you'll see the changes soon enough!
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    when I originally started losing weight it was the clothes getting baggy.
  • Ashleysh22
    Ashleysh22 Posts: 209
    Options
    for me its in the way my pants fit
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    It took 15 pounds and 2 rounds of the 30 Day Shred for me to see the difference.
  • waytogoraus
    waytogoraus Posts: 38
    Options
    I've lost about 75 pounds so far and sometimes I still feel like I don't see any difference in my physical appearance. I think since you are so used to looking at yourself, that sometimes it's hard to see yourself as different. For me the first things I started to notice change were my legs and arms. They still looked pretty much the same, but they felt less flabby. For me it took about 15-20 pounds to lose a pants size.

Keep up with your hard work and changes will start to sneak up on you. For me, weight loss has been less of a "WHOA, look how much I've changed in the past month!" thing and more about noticing a lot of little things adding up. For example, my shoe size in the past year and a half has shrunk 2 1/2 sizes. Something like that might not be noticeable or noteworthy at first, but when you notice it, it is a great feeling of accomplishment. Like I said, don't give up just because you don't notice big changes now. They will come, I promise. For me it took not only took a healthy diet and exercise, but a new mental outlook on myself and my appearance.