I'm New....Again

Options
So I'm back to logging regularly at MFP after two years of barely checking in. I've been being a college student, and for better or worse my weight became the last of my priorities.

I just finished a second Bachelor's degree, and I'm starting a Master's program in the fall. I'm committed to reorganizing my lifestyle this summer as I reorganize and plan for a move to the Pacific Northwest. I'm committed to regular and consistently challenging exercise, conscious eating, and forming healthy habits that will support me when I am back in the classroom in the fall.

I will be teaching for the first time as well as attending to my own classwork, and I want to be a strong, healthy example to incoming freshman. I know how hard it is to balance the demands of college and life, and I want my students to see someone who is doing their best and managing their health along with a class load. If I'm not a healthy physical example, why would I expect them to fully trust me intellectually?

I am the kind of person who does well when I am accountable to my results, but I don't like to bore my friends and family with my daily/weekly milestones. It's easiest to have a community where I can check in with and cheer on people who are focused on health and weight loss in the same ways that I am.

I've got about 80 lbs to lose over the next year. I'd really like to take the first 40 off in the next 20 weeks. If you're looking for people to check in with, talk with, etc, say hi.

Replies

• DangerDiv
    DangerDiv Posts: 62
    Options
    awww, i like your story... i'm similar-ish. school, basically, ruined my body. but, hey, at least we're well educated!

keep in mind a master's is going to get ou pretty tired, too. so i guess you'll need to learn to balance school work with exercise. that is easier said than done. but i've seen people do it, so i have faith!

<3
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    Yes, definitely Grad School will be stressful. That's why I'm working to get good habits about eating clean(er) and exercising regularly. Thanks for the encouragement. :)