30 Day Shred

Options
AMS58
AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
I just completed my 1st day of 30DS, That was a bit of a shock to the system. And I thought I was reasonably fit but no no no.
But anyway my question is...... how do I determine my calories burnt for a 30 minute workout using 1kg weights?
Please help me!!!!

Replies

• annie_CA
    annie_CA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the same question too?????
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    When I did this workout, I used circuit training general in the database.
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    I use circuit training general for 20 min. After going over lots of forum posts and then making one of my own, that is what I settled with. I did it for 10 days before my knee just couldn't take it anymore. MFP said, at my height and weight I was doing around 300 cals in 20 min.
  • accusima
    accusima Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3, level 1 and have been logging as circuit training as well. I don't have a heart rate monitor, so I figured this was close enough. I just make sure to keep an eye on my time and record it properly. When I sit to catch my breath, I make sure to factor that non-workout time in.
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your help. Very much appreciated.
    I will see how long my knees last, I find the jumping jacks quite hard.
  • pamwil88
    pamwil88 Posts: 24
    Options
    Can someone tell me what the 30 day shred is?
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

http://bit.ly/KnGxj1 <-- click this :smile:
  • chelsie_1984
    chelsie_1984 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I also logged it as circuit training. I too thought I was in "okay" shape but that video will make you think twice. I think it's been over a decade since I did a jumping jack. Geesh, so much easier as a little kid. I made it through the video. Only had to take breaks with all the jumping. So I was proud of myself and I didn't think I would be able to move when I woke up the next morning. But I got to feeling a little better later in the day. With that being said I decided to do the video for a second day. Made it through, was happy with it since I knew what to expect. But let me tell you....The next morning I felt like I was hit by a train. Needless to say I took a break yesterday, my legs couldn't take it. I did everything but the leg work outs and feel a little better. I think I will do one more night of rest and then get back at it tomorrow. Figured better to take it slow than injure myself and not be able to doing anything. Good luck.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

30 Day Shred is a very beginner-friendly workout program by Jillian Michaels that involves working out every day for 30 minutes a day doing a workout that alternates between intervals of cardio, light weight training, and floor ab work. If you stick the the schedule and follow good nutrition habits while doing it, you'll lose a lot of fat and add some shape. But you won't really gain much in the way of functional fitness which is my main gripe with it (and lots of other video programs out there). They leave you looking better but not actually PERFORMING better. You don't really end up any stronger or faster or anything in the end, just looking better. For this reason I choose to train in a way that incorporates a lot more athletic training. I care more about functional gains than visual gains. I couldn't care less about losing a few more inches off the waist if I'm not stronger, faster, and more agile for it.