Seriously? How old are we people?!

Options
khedl85
khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
WHY WHY WHY, would someone reach out to me to ask me how I lost my weight and got to my goal....tell me they arent judgmental...and then totally thrash me for how I decided to lose weight?? HEALTHILY MIGHT I ADD!

Jesus....and you know who you are! Arent we all adults here? Grow up. We are here to support and lean on each other. not trash one another for their successes because YOU havent had any just yet.

:mad:

Replies

• TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I don't quite understand your concern here, but if someone ask for an opinion on how did you reach your success wouldn't be nice of you if you shared your tips?
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It may have been more 'grown up' to approach the particular person.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    dust it off player... haterz gone hate.

congrats on your weight loss
  • khedl85
    Options
    It may have been more 'grown up' to approach the particular person.

Hard to do, when they block you right after you try to send a reply. Please dont assume.
  • khedl85
    Options
    I don't quite understand your concern here, but if someone ask for an opinion on how did you reach your success wouldn't be nice of you if you shared your tips?

I have in the past, and it always ends bad...apparently people feel one way about what I did, while others have done it too and had major successes like me. So to save the fight, if they wanna know, they can ask me privately, and I share. Ive never been thrashed like this privately before....all she had to say was "ok thanks for responding..."

simple right?
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    If you ask me, if your approach is unhealthy then of course I would take it with a grain of salt but again I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Do you mean those people who have been into diet pills or fad diets & failed and then can't stand that you lost weight the healthy way or the exact opposite?
  • khedl85
    Options
    dust it off player... haterz gone hate.

congrats on your weight loss

thank you....I guess Im peeved and needed to scream to the virtual world since I couldnt express anything to her. I appreciate your congrats!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    well.. how DID you lose weight?...
  • khedl85
    Options
    like I put in my other posts "generically" calorie counting and exercising, watching what I ate. Theres another thing I did, but like I said in the previous comments above, its not UNHEALTHY, but people have different opinions which they are entitled to...I just prefer not to hear them, what works for me, doesnt mean it will work for you. but ive had mass success, as well as others apparently. If someone took the time to reach out PRIVATELY to ask me, I will take the time to type out my story and reply, out of sheer respect, if they dont wanna do it...just say ok thanks. Its really not that hard. But I guess thats too much to ask....

again, this was more or less a venting post, since I was blocked even before I could reply privately...apparently we need a venting group or area for these types of things.
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    I sent you a private message... and no matter how you did it, congrats on your success!
    Options
    like I put in my other posts "generically" calorie counting and exercising, watching what I ate. Theres another thing I did, but like I said in the previous comments above, its not UNHEALTHY, but people have different opinions which they are entitled to...I just prefer not to hear them, what works for me, doesnt mean it will work for you. but ive had mass success, as well as others apparently. If someone took the time to reach out PRIVATELY to ask me, I will take the time to type out my story and reply, out of sheer respect, if they dont wanna do it...just say ok thanks. Its really not that hard. But I guess thats too much to ask....

again, this was more or less a venting post, since I was blocked even before I could reply privately...apparently we need a venting group or area for these types of things.

That's the world of reality. we cannot please everyone & no matter how good you are there will always be haters along the way. just ignore those people. I also have my share of these stories & usually it comes from my own family. Nothing is worse than dealing with people that are supposed to be there to support you.
  • khedl85
    Options
    [/quote]

Nothing is worse than dealing with people that are supposed to be there to support you.
    [/quote]

and THATS what blows...this is a support website =(

But I get what youre saying.
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate almost every day, portion control is what it is all about. Don't worry about what other's think, you have it right on the money when you are believing they are just jealous of your success. I can eat 3 squares can you????? lol
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    In real life when people ask me how I am losing weight and I reply 'Eating Less and trying to Move More' they never fail to look disappointed.

All folk ever want to hear is 'I lost weight by eating chocolate and sitting on my *kitten* all day!'

The best thing about the Internet is, if you don't like what someone says to you you can turn it off :)
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    It does sound like jealousy but a lot of people on here do try to ram it down your neck that their way is the ONLY way and don't want to hear it when you've chosen a different way. Dieting can be very frustrating and I guess you just caught the brunt of it but don't let it make you angry, it won't do you any good!

Congratulations by the way!
    Options

Nothing is worse than dealing with people that are supposed to be there to support you.

and THATS what blows...this is a support website =(

But I get what youre saying.

Thank you :)

Seriously I feel more at home with MFP than with my own family. At least here online you can always block people or delete someone who you doesn't like but sadly you can't do that in real life & more so with your own family. The best that you can do is to disassociate yourself with them but no matter what happens they still remain as your family even if you turn the world upside down.

By the way congratulations on your success.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    It does sound like jealousy but a lot of people on here do try to ram it down your neck that their way is the ONLY way and don't want to hear it when you've chosen a different way. Dieting can be very frustrating and I guess you just caught the brunt of it but don't let it make you angry, it won't do you any good!

Congratulations by the way!

i havent run into this on this site, but i've definitely run into it offline.

these are people who have had no success with sustaining or maintaining their plans yet they want to tell me what i cant eat, how i should exercise, what i should drink etc :laugh: it's kinda like OK i see how well it's working for you so no thanks
  • katB_83
    katB_83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I find it quite strange that you only share this with people privately... leaves me to think that it isnt really advised, but congratulations on losing your weight and hope you can keep it going..
  • Limajuliet
    Limajuliet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like to tell people that I lost weight on the Butterfield Diet Plan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgwJfbeCeU
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!