Bummed

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
So I took my measurements and they are the same as back in February. How is that possible. I have lost 26lbs. That really bums me out!

Memaw

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I was bummed yesterday when I took mine and they were all larger than last time even though I have lost a few more pounds:ohwell: . Are you sure you're doing them the same way as before (location, level,...)?
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You've done so well! Don't let the tape measure fool you. I wish I had measured more places....I know my belly doesn't sag so much now, but I didn't measure there. The sleeves on my T-shirts are looser...I didn't measure there until later. The roll under my back bra strap is also smaller. My knees even seem smaller. Look in these areas visually...you'll be surprised.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    it's really, really hard to measure yourself. if you've lost that much weight you have lost inches, maybe in odd places (my toes lost weight, LOL) but you've lost inches too. it's quite possible that you didn't measure accurately the first time.
  • memaw66
    Options
    According to the tape measure the only place I've lost is my neck. This is good because I have a really fat neck but c'mon!!!! I know my fingers are smaller but I want other things to be smaller!!!

Just not a good day.

Memaw
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I have noticed the same thing with me and I am down 48lbs. The tape measure says the same but my clothes fit differently. I have gone down 2 sizes, but to look at a sizing chart in a catalogue I have gone up a size from where I started. :noway:

My co-worker and I have come to the conclusion that it is partly due to gravity. As you loose weight around your middle the fat above your waist starts to move down keeping that waist measurement the same. The other thing for me is I lost on my back first and my arms and legs. All of these make my clothes fit differently even if my bust waist and hips haven't changed all that much.

I know it is frustrating, but hang in there you are doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    I'm the coworker Ocean mentions above and what she says we figured out is true. What she didn't tell you is that after measuring the same FOREVER yet dropping lbs, I suddenly plateau'd at 176 for like 3 weeks and my measurements were the same until the last week. I measured again and had dropped 2ins off my chest, waist and hips. BOOM just like that. I had my bras altered when this happen and when I went back to pick them up, some were still too big as I dropped about another 1 1/2 that week. The inches falling off seemed slow but as I said, all of a sudden they were gone.

*PATIENCE IN ALL THINGS!!!*
    Even more so with weight loss. We took a lot of years to pile on the weight, we have to be prepared for it to take a while to catch up with our weight loss expectations and for our bodies to look the way we ultimately want it to. I've been working on losing for over a year now. 36lbs gone still quite a few to go but I really do believe that lifestyle changes will make the difference in keeping it off this time. So again, we must remember to have patience.

I hope this helps to inspire and serves as a reminder because it's not meant to be taken as preaching. :happy:
  • memaw66
    Options
    Thank you. I didn't take it as preaching. I am always open for suggestions!

Memaw