Would love some friends on here

Options
:noway:
I have been trying very hard to use MFP and I am getting there however I seem to have hit a wall, Im very hungry and fed up.
I could really do with some tips, low cal recipes and also want to know if I am supposed to be eating my exercise earned calories???

xxx

Replies

• kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    hi, welcome to MfP - feel free to add me.

I have lost 38 lbs and would be happy to share food tips etc. You are welcome to view my food diary. Maybe you could open yours too.

My advice would be to eat back some of your exercise calories.

K :)
  • FoxForceFiveNZ
    Options
    Hi, please feel free to add me.
    I think the idea is to eat your exercised earned calories, the calories MFP give you to start with are adjusted anyway, so any you exercise off should be eaten back , in part anyway. :)

I like to have a raw veg type lunch to fill me up (rice paper rolls are a fav right now)
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    yes to friends, feel free to add.
    Brick walls, yes we all hit them,
    tips, speak and share,
    eating back cals, yes if your hungry.
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hey, add me too!! I've very few friends - only started on here this week...
    Add me, add me, add me!! :flowerforyou:

On the exercise earned calories - I don't eat them, I want to shift the weight asap, now if I only had a few pounds to lose, I'd be a bit more lenient but that just aint the case unfortunately :smile:
  • katenmills
    katenmills Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    here's a helpful (but kinda long) article:
    http://www.syattfitness.com/the-dieters-dilemma-how-to-stay-full-in-a-caloric-deficit/

lots of good tips there on what to eat to stay full for longer! it's totally up to you if you wanna eat back your exercise earned calories - if you're having a particularly hard day, maybe make the most of them and have another snack, lots of nutritious recipes in the recipe section of MFP
  • AyeshaNewaz
    AyeshaNewaz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Count me in too, I'm looking for friends as well... As for eating the calories you've earned via working out, you can eat them when you are very very very hungry but I suggest you avoid doing that, because it will slow down the weightloss process. When you get super hungry (like I do) you can try snacks like 1 cup of fresh fruit (like papaya, raspberries, or blueberries; make sure you pick sth you aren't allergic to) 1 large cucumber with peel, 1 cup of natural regular yogurt, or 1 cup of packet tomato or creamy mushroom soup. Jacob's cream crackers are great too, just make sure you don't eat more than two if you are snacking on them! (2 crackers = 68 calories only!) Best of luck. Feel free to add me or contact me. - Ayesha (Bangladesh.)
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    hi you can add me as a friend if you want I do very low calorie diet, and I log in every day
  • soniamb
    soniamb Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi Angie, I'm in need of a little motivation too. I have been a member of mfp for a while but havent really used it- am wanting to get fitter and healthier over southern hemisphere winter in time for summer- please feel free to add me, we could share tips etc
  • rogarr
    rogarr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :-)
  • charstarz
    charstarz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm new also, feel free to add!x
  • ninakale
    ninakale Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to have a new friend. I just joined recently too!:flowerforyou:
  • michelleicurn
    Options
    New to the community. Have been using the myfitness pat for about 3 weeks and love it, Just got the fitbit this week to get more motivation. Not sure how to add anyone? Any pointers so far for a newbie?
  • Bobbiehenderson
    Bobbiehenderson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, been on MFP for a little over 15 days :smile:
  • jesterx888
    jesterx888 Posts: 181
    Options
    We all hit walls, sometimes we just need a little push to get through them....You will get through it.

Feel free to add me if you want
  • gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MfP - feel free to add me if you want
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :) Good luck on your journey.
  • Sariebon
    Sariebon Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been on MFP for some time now, but recently came back from a 2 week holiday with an extra 6 lbs and some bad eating habits =/
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

It can be overwhelming, but it basically comes down to two things.

1. The math equation, between eating at a calorie deficit for your body. I really like this tool: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ It gives you your BMR, which is what your body needs to simply function (for example - if you were on bed rest and did ZERO activity).

2. Food = Fuel. I can't see your food diary, so I don't know what you are eating, but too many people on here think they will lose faster if they starve themselves or follow really low calorie diets. It is just setting you up for failure, because you will feel hungry, deprived, and then you will fall back to old habits.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • Cindyh76
    Cindyh76 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am giving this a try again. I have set some great goals for myself this year and so far am off to a decent start with a 21 lb. weight loss. I am looking to add some new friends for support and advice. Im Cindy from Maine 36 single parent to teenagers. Feel free to add me so we can share and motivate with each other.:smile: