Diablo III

Hurricane_C
Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
Is anyone else as nerdy as I am?
I bought D3 yesterday morning but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Looking forward to getting off work and playing when I get home... only 2.5 more hours....

How are you liking it?

Replies

• diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Cant afford it just yet but will be getting it soon .... I played right through D1 and D2 (and expansion) within the first week or so of them coming out - this time I need to wait (maybe as a reward when I hit my new goal weight)
  • Hurricane_C
    wow... that's impressive. I've played them all, but it took me quite awhile... and I have a feeling my BF is going to hijack my game and beat it before I do.... lame.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    I played the online beta of it, if I did not have Torchlight I probably would have bought it but the games are really similar. Was a fun beta!
  • traceyjayne64
    traceyjayne64 Posts: 262
    Hi, ive been playing world of warcraft for a few years but have just got Diablo too....had 1 go so far and couldnt get to grips with it, the controls are sooo different :happy:
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    They are having trouble with the servers and such....It's been crashing constantly!!! I know this because the kids are complaining. Lol!
  • Hurricane_C
    lol the guy at GameStop said the servers have been crashing....
    by the time I got home yesterday morning it was time to go to bed, then they delivered our couch, then back to bed, and by the time I got up I had an hour to relax/see the BF before work.... maybe I'll squeeze in a few hours this morning :)
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    waiting in the dl to finish :noway: lol hoping servers can keep up now
  • Hurricane_C
    I was planning to play right when I got home with it... but I didn't anticipate how long the download would take... it as at 7% when I went to bed... I just left it going... hopefully it finished......
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    my fiance is taking 5 days off just to play this game.... urgh. it looks exactly the same as every other quest and click game.... i just dont get it, the only thing i could really get into was skyrim and only because it had amzing graphics.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    I've putt in a couple of hours into already. I'm enjoying it
  • Hurricane_C
    my fiance is taking 5 days off just to play this game.... urgh. it looks exactly the same as every other quest and click game.... i just dont get it, the only thing i could really get into was skyrim and only because it had amzing graphics.

Wow... that's intense. I have this weekend off (starting on Fri night) but not for Diablo - for a 2 day rock concert (so I won't be playing)... I was hoping that I could load it on my laptop so I could take it out of town with me... but my mac is about 5 years old... so I'm thinking its not going to work on it...
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    It's a fun game. Act 1 is stupidly easy to the point of making the game seem childish by comparison. But beginning with the boss fight at the end of Act 1, difficulty level takes a drastic turn and everything becomes extremely challenging regardless of what class you play. I would say that the game isn't worth getting if you don't have friends who also play. The social aspect and the fact that friends can jump into your campaign/quest at any time to help you adds a lot to the fun factor. I'm in Act 2 right now.

It's kind of annoying though when all of your friends have arranged to take time off to level their characters when you don't. You get home from work and your friend who you are questing with is 10 levels higher than he was when you played last night. =/
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    It's not bad so far. I didn't play the first 2, but oh well.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    skyrim took over 100 hours of my life! I'm staying away from games for a while
  • Llyrian
    Llyrian Posts: 100 Member
    I'm enjoying it... when the Battle.net servers are running. >.< I miss the days when Blizzard let people play with LAN so I could set up a server in my own house and not need Battle.net to constantly connect. I know why they did it, but it's still very annoying, especially if you're playing single player mode.

Honestly though, I think the game is a few years too late (like Starcraft 2 was). Torchlight beat them to it. The only reason I bought it is because it's something I can play with my coworkers while we're waiting on long deploys and I want to see the rest of the story after D1 and D2.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Waiting for the console version to come out (I have a PS3). Played through the first two (and expansion), really enjoyed the story more than anything.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    I played beta... I liked it, but I'm waiting to buy it because of all the server issues...
  • barongaston
    barongaston Posts: 109
    never ever get a server based game in the first month of release, no one can get the server management right untill then and its just frustrating untill they do. Blizzard has more money then they know what to do with and are about the most experienced in the field now, and even they cant manage it.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Hellion#1748. Add me if you're looking for someone to play with who isn't in any hurry to level or progress through the game. My friends who have the game play all day so they've outleveled me and I'm looking for people to play with who will progress through the game at the same pace as me. I typically only play during the evenings for 2-3 hours during US Eastern prime time hours and some on the weekends.

Currently level 17 Demon Hunter who just started Act 2, but not above rolling a new alt character to play with if someone else is just starting out.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    My boyfriend bought it during the midnight release. (the special edition pack is so prettyyyyy homg)
    He started as a demon hunter, and he let me play under his account as a barbarian since I never started before.
    My only complaint is that the items and gold seem to transfer to your other characters as well. Apparently it's like that for mule type players that loot everything and have one main character that way they can keep more items and not have to make room on their main... Though I think there should be an option to have that or not. Because I wanted to play 100% on my own and not have to have the damn salvage and gold interfered with!
    Guess I'll just have to buy my own game.