Stop lying to yourself

Options
13»

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I did this last week... i am staying with friends and they have a candy dish with Lindt truffles in it. I kept sneaking one. Well, that one became probably 4-5 in a day but it didn't make it into my tracker. My weight stayed the same this week.. coincidence? I think not. You can fool yourself but your body knows differently! good for you!
  • gemmaldavies
    gemmaldavies Posts: 379
    Options
    good 4 u hun. we ave all done this. but u r right we shud hold ourselves accountable. xx
  • poshmonkey
    poshmonkey Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is one of the things I have struggled with in the past. And one of the major reasons why I have always quit. I'd swear up and down it was a plateau and I just "couldn't" lose more than 30 lbs. Granted it might start out that way, but I've had to admit to myself that I was also being lax in paying attention to - or ignoring - what I was and how much I was eating.

I also had the idea of "I'll burn it off later" or "cheating a little won't kill me." Then I'd do it everyday. Or purposefully underestimate. It was hard for me to admit to myself that I was the only one to blame. Glad you are able to see it :)