Introduction .. Hi

Options
At the age of 33 I look and feel the best I ever have, I can put it down to 2 things, diet and training.

I was 10 stone since leaving school and being over 6ft was not a good look. This never changed until 4 years ago when realising where I had been going wrong in my 10 years of training. I always struggled with eating quality food from a very young age and would never eat any fruit and veg, or anything healthy or nutritious. Reading the likes of Mens Health gave me an insight of where I was going wrong with regards to my diet and why I was not gaining strength or size. Currently I make eating 6 times a day a minimum, using just whey protein and creatine for supplements.

A chain of events moulded my enthusiasms for training which lead to my physique today. The main one was braking up a long term relationship. Being in the comfort zone for 6yrs then been thrown back in the sea gave me the kick I needed to get me feeling proud of myself.

All of my past careers have been office work since 2000, until last year I trained as an electrician. Only recently I have been employed in my local gym as a personal instructor. Now I go to work doing what I love best. I train 6 times a week using split routines hitting different muscle groups each day with CV twice a week

R666 ECE

Replies

• mcleodconnor
    Options
    Hi. I'm Connor and I'm down the same path you are right now with weightlifting -- only 12 years behind you though lol.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    turbo - what's your CV regimen look like? clearly you've mastered the total body fat % of the recipe (according to the picture anyway). I have plenty of success with the weights, thanks to the whey and creatine, but struggle with the body fat, particularly around the middle.
  • mcleodconnor
    Options
    I also meant to ask, what does creatine do for you? I've done se research, and I am still undecided about whether ti add it to my diet or not. Basically, what changed for you when you added creatine supplement to your diet?
  • TurboReecey
    Options
    @ Phinphanbill - I dont do hardly any CV through the winter, but come summer i just mkae sure i do at least a few mile runs before breakfast.... say 2 mile run at 6:30am Monday , Wednesday , and maybe a 1/2 swim friday. The rest of the cardio comes from hi intense Crossfit work outs and just doing weights.

@mcleodconner - if you have done the research on creatine , then i dont need to explaine... but basically it holds water in your muscles resulting in them functioning better and allowing you to maybe get one or two more reps out before failure.