New here! :)

Options
Hello,
My name is Rebecca. I just found myfitnesspal today and I am thrilled to be here!
I am a 42 year old mother of four kids ages 9-20 and the wife of a Naval officer. We are currently stationed in Annapolis, MD.
I had about 70 pounds to lose to reach my goal. I have lost 15 of those over the past 6 weeks through a local "Biggest Loser" challenge. So now I have only 55 pounds to go to meet my goal! We are exactly half way through the challenge and I hope to lose another 15-20 pounds in the remaining 6 weeks and be the big winner at the end.
I am a professional photographer so my job is a mix of activity when I am shooting followed by long periods of sitting on my butt editing all of those images.
Six weeks ago my husband and I started running in our neighborhood at least 5 times a week. Well, he runs....I do run/walk intervals. I hadn't actually ran in 12 years prior to starting this. I still can only run about a half mile total of my 1.5 mile course, and I am a gasping, uncoordinated, red faced mess after each running interval. It definitely isn't pretty but it's something.
Aside from that, I do free weights and stretching at home as well as our weekly biggest loser challenge activity which usually involves doing a certain number of push ups or jumping jacks or other similar excercise per day for the week.
I am also keeping my calories right at 1200 a day. I am expecting this fitness pal to really help me track that more acurately.
The tape measure says I am down 10.5 total inches in 5 weeks, so I am definitely seeing results!
I'm thrilled to be here and hope to gain supportive friends and lots of knowlege about this new healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Rebecca. You'll find lots of supportive types on here. Fee free to add me for support!
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is everything you make of it. Lots of support, recipes, fitness tips and a little laughter! Good Luck on your journey!