• Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    tumblr_pz1qcpVi601u9ooogo1_540.gifv
  • Hiawassee88
    edited September 2022
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    @snowflake954 Do you split the pizza on pizza nights. I'm asking how many pieces do you have for dinner.
    Standard cooked pasta serving. 3.5 oz cooked portion, 70 gms? I'm reining in my portions. I want to be a lean machine like Tim McGraw. Half of a pizza over there is equal to 2 pieces here, yes? I ain't giving up pizza and pasta.
    wdpwu624ntxy.png

Yes, I always split a pizza or take half home. Our pizzas are around 14-15 in" round. The Roman style pizza is a thin crust, Naples style is like your photo--a thicker, chewier crust. I like vegetables on my pizza or rucola. My husband likes a cheese and tomato sauce pizza. If I'm splitting with him, that's what I'll have. We split a pizza and then a dessert. Our desserts aren't huge here. Then we just have water. However, I have to say that all around us will be skinny Italian young men and girls eating appetizers, a whole
    pizza, and drinking beer. It amazes me.

A standard pasta serving in Italy is 100g. When cooking at home I usually fix 50g for me. There are lighter and heavier sauces, so you just have to take all that into account. If I'm fixing pasta with vegetables, I give myself more veggies. I always use EVOO, unless I'm making "Pasta al Burro"--pasta with butter.
  • snowflake954
    @snowflake954 What do you eat for breakfast. Do you ever eat cold pizza with espresso.
    fqqn740eri3t.png
    Is your pizza 8, 10, 12 in diameter.

No, I don't have pizza for breakfast--but I have nothing against it. On Powerwalking days (3 days a week) my husband and I go to a bar after, and we have cappucino's and split a roll, we also do that after the pool on Saturdays and Sundays. If I'm eating breakfast at home, it varies. I like overnight oats with a crunchy apple diced in, with almonds, blueberries, chia, etc. I also like Greek Yogurt 5% fat with cinnamon, honey, and a chopped banana. When I have time I make banana coconut pancakes ( I've perfected a recipe) and freeze a big batch to warm up in the microwave w blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. My breakfast runs around 275 calories.
  • snowflake954
    @snowflake954 I'll have what you're having. How many vegetable servings do you have each day and fruit. Do you eat yogurt and how much. Hard cheeses with fruit, nuts. I'm going full on Mediterranean for awhile. Winter is coming on. What kinds of bread do you have around that outfit. I'm pretty sure you don't eat multi-crap stodge. Columbo is a lean machine. Wonder what he would do at a cowboy chuckwagon. 😊 I bought some top notch olive oil from Italy. It's not a bunch of imaginary hippy dippy happy horsesheet. 😜

I have at least 2 vegetable servings and 2 of fruit. Size of servings vary. I like to do a tray of veggies crispy in the oven with EVOO and sometimes Parmigiano sprinkled on top. I sometimes make a BLT salad--chopped tomatoes, lettuce, lean spicy ham fried in the microwave, a little mayo, and simple croutons.
    Cheese sometimes--but always good quality. Nuts and legumes are basics and cheap.

I never eat bread if having pasta--doubles your carbs. I love pita pockets. There's a bakery near us that uses oatmeal in theirs and I love them, especially toasted. I also like any multigrain bread or wholewheat pasta.

I like Fage Greek Yogurt 5%. For me 0% is too blah and whole fat is too rich. I buy a big tube of plain and then mix in what I like--jam, berries, honey, cinnamon, etc.

You know the Med diet is just really lots of fruits, vegetables, greens, legumes, so look around at what you can find locally in season. Frozen is fine in the winter. Get creative with soups. They're filling and there are endless recipes. All you need is balance in your diet and EVOO.
  • Hiawassee88
    edited September 2022
    @snowflake954 I lurve all of this.

c8rfo7szicyv.png

• Hiawassee88
    AppropriateEachAlbino-size_restricted.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    edited September 2022
  • Hiawassee88