FondPowerlessCowrie.webp
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
  • Hiawassee88
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @snowflake954 This week, we have another blizzard blowin' in on top of this one. Everywhere I look, there are the pesky. Not run of the mill, but posh pesky. It's not the same. They're buying all the real estate, and turning it into a colder version of a movie set. I'm happy that I knew it for what it was. It will never be the same, again. It might be similar for you, when you want to sit down at your favorite pizza place. Sigh and alas, the wild, wild west is being tamed. Local yocals feel the same. Hemmed in and hard-pressed.
    1. 7oou6ug4o02t.png
    I went to the grocery store. I spotted one dripping in Native American jewelry, head to toe, wearing spiky fashion boots and a fur coat. I just looked UP near the ceiling. There's a mural with my folkaronies on it.
    I was wearing my Sorel boots, insulated bibs, crazy knitted scarf and red wool, scotch cap. Other locals dress alike. I've watched some of them check out the magazines, seeing if they're in there. Keep lookin' UP.
  • Hiawassee88
    edited March 2023
    Options
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    TidyDelightfulCockroach.webp
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    SatisfiedNaughtyGoose.webp
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    GenuineDistantAegeancat.webp
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    @snowflake954 This week, we have another blizzard blowin' in on top of this one. Everywhere I look, there are the pesky. Not run of the mill, but posh pesky. It's not the same. They're buying all the real estate, and turning it into a colder version of a movie set. I'm happy that I knew it for what it was. It will never be the same, again. It might be similar for you, when you want to sit down at your favorite pizza place. Sigh and alas, the wild, wild west is being tamed. Local yocals feel the same. Hemmed in and hard-pressed.
    1. 7oou6ug4o02t.png
    I went to the grocery store. I spotted one dripping in Native American jewelry, head to toe, wearing spiky fashion boots and a fur coat. I just looked UP near the ceiling. There's a mural with my folkaronies on it.
    I was wearing my Sorel boots, insulated bibs, crazy knitted scarf and red wool, scotch cap. Other locals dress alike. I've watched some of them check out the magazines, seeing if they're in there. Keep lookin' UP.

Yep--SAME. I've been in Rome 38 years and the changes are astounding. We have the pesky sitting on fountains from 1500 and breaking off pieces, writing graffiti on the Coloseum, and chipping off pieces to take home,..... They just want to say they were here and snap a selfie with the monuments. Sigh. There are those dumb electric skateboards, and electric bicycles left in a jumble anywhere and everywhere. The sidewalks are impossible to walk down. We just walked from the Spanish Steps to home--90 min, jam packed. We took the side alleys. A beautiful sunny day though. The Romans are starting to hit the beaches (in coats), but they're like horses out of the shute. Romans love sun shine and the beach.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the locals. The genuine article is hidden and modest. How's your "true grit" woman doing in her house without windows? I'm thinking of her.