• Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
    uelyjhz3v9re.jpg
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    Pasta with Smoked Salmon

A good quality pasta, durum grain--dry or fresh fettucine. Use 100g a person or whatever your portion is.

Sauce: For 500g

150g smoked salmon
    200ml cream
    2 tbl EVOO
    1/2 tsp vegetable broth (cube or crystals)
    pepper to taste
    4 tbl grated Parmigiano Reggiano

Put olive oil in a saucepan and cut the salmon in strips with a scissors. Heat a few minutes until salmon is cooked through. Add cream, pepper, and vegetable broth. Heat and stir. When starts to bubble take off heat. Cool 5 min and then add Parmigiano and stir well.

In the meantime, boil water in a large pot. Add 1 tbl coarse salt and pasta. Stir often. Check the cooking time on the package, and don't overcook. The pasta should be "al dente" which means chewy, not soft and mushy. I usually take mine out a minute or 2 early, because the pasta keeps cooking. Drain well and put back in the cooking pot (no water). Add the sauce quickly and mix well so the pasta won't stick. If using fresh fettucine, the sauce should be a little watery, since the pasta will absorb a lot.

37cq0jn4l7mt.png

• Hiawassee88
    Options
    y60cxnn2ts16.png
  • Hiawassee88
    edited March 2023
    Options
    https://youtu.be/a3qTn-zbiwk?t=2
    Kullen Fox, stealing the show and hearts. Playing the trumpet, piano, mandolin, accordian and sometimes, playing two instruments at once.
    v7wt8g095oyr.png
    Lynx. Found in Alaska, Canada and in the Rockies. Rare and elusive. Excellent hunters – hare are their primary prey – they’ll see you before you see them. Majestic creatures. All of them are.
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    qte0jfiizkbu.png
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    @snowflake954 I have all of those ingredients, and I'll make that for supper. Thanks for thinking about me. I've been shoveling heavy, wet snow for 5 solid hours. Some may say, who really cares, but what happens in my neighborhood doesn't stay here. It's coming your way. Next. It's wild and wooly out there. I have 5 feet high, piles of snow. If it's not removed from flat surfaces, the weight will cave it in.

I sing my songs and encourage myself, every step of the way. Just put one word in front of the other. I said some cuss words out there.

Spring snow is wet and heavy, I don't envy you. It's finally raining here, but won't last long, tomorrow sunshine. No walk in the park (husband hates rain).

Today I'll make an asparagus risotto. This afternoon I have the squirrels and supper for 8. I'm still thinking of what to prepare--time to dig around in the freezer.
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    @snowflake954 I'm coming on over for supper, Woman. Call me Squirrel Bait, I know how to lure those squirrels, we'll have a big time. Supper for 8 and don't be late, Squirrel Bait.
  • Hiawassee88
    edited March 2023
    Options
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    cleaning.gif
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @snowflake954 I'm coming on over for supper, Woman. Call me Squirrel Bait, I know how to lure those squirrels, we'll have a big time. Supper for 8 and don't be late, Squirrel Bait.

I just made "smokin'" hot chocolate with the littlest squirrel. :D Now, we're off to play in the LR.

PS: Asparagus risotto was snarfed up quick. They licked their chops.
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    cleaning-house-sweep.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    PalatableWhichGroundbeetle-size_restricted.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    giphy.gif