giphy.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
    george-strait.gif
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I had some time this morning after the pool. I made pulled pork (it's slow cooking all day) and for lunch whole wheat pasta with zucchini, cream sauce, finely chopped walnuts and Parmigiano Reggiano. I also made sliced strawberries with sugar and fresh squeezed lemon juice.

While I was cooking I went to your page 314 and listened to the tunes, did a little dancing and reminiscing. It was great. I needed a break.

We got news last night that 2 of my husband's cousins have cancer. They are brothers. The older has surgery scheduled this week, and the younger will have to have it too. Both have the same type in the same place. My husband is so close to them--like brothers. He didn't sleep last night. I got up and the light was on in the living room. I'm in full PrM. I'm asking. You know how I roll.
  • Hiawassee88
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @snowflake954 I was hoping you'd be here when my feet hit the floor. I could not sleep. I've been drinking coffee since 1:00 AM. My eyes are wide open. UP the flagpole, Woman.

Snow, you're tough and wild and wooly. I'm not about to smother you with compliments but it's not bragging if it's true...I see you as the pillar of strength in your family. I am so daim proud of you. My heart swells with family pride.

Out here in the wild, wild west, we are the remnant of what's left. It's disappearing and there's a reason that over 4 million pesky tourists swarm here to see it. They're smothering the place and moving in. The local yocals are sad to see it go. Everywhere we look are houses made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same. It makes me hang my head like Ol'Tom Dooley.

My aunt has been written UP in a national magazine. I'm proud of this grand place. How can I not be. It takes true grit to survive the brutal winters while taking care of the critters and the wildlife. Cowboys and cowgirls have an intensity and passion that burns bright like a raging wildfire. They sing their hearts out and they feel deeply about everything. I'm proud and I lurve this 'Tender Bar'. This is where we hang our hats and we feel free, free, free. Sometimes, I meander out of my normal river banks but there's a wagon master to bring me back into the herd. We are wild and free.

Save your sons, Snow. I might snatch one of them. ;)

https://youtu.be/69yJ2qKwhLE?t=5

• snowflake954
    Options
    Ah--you and I are a dying breed. Growing up on a farm--or a ranch, you have to depend first on yourself, second on your family, and third on your neighbors. Maybe I should have moved out West after college instead of Italy, but destiny is destiny, and I don't regret my life one bit. There are so many whiners and weaklings. You MAKE your life work, I've learned that. Pull UP your bootstraps and get to it.

Horses were my passion when I was a kid and teenager. So much so, I was teased in school. You understand down deep. Connection. I learned to sit and watch in the weeds. I learned a lot just observing.

I hate change and too many tourists too. People don't stay home anymore, they travel to you. Ironic that you and I live in 2 entirely different tourist traps worlds apart, with the same problems. We're losing it here too (maybe they said that 1000 years ago--things are incredibly similar, if you read the old scrips). Beauty calls people to it. You know.
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    "Why Florence? Because Lorenzo "Il Magnifico" was a great patron of the arts. He gathered into his court and supported most of the talented artists and thinkers of the day. When you put creative thinkers in close contact and finance their works, you'll have an explosion of wonderful things."
    https://youtu.be/TOQUxfT6-Kk?t=4

• snowflake954
    Options
    Gotta run--time for the Sunday afternoon walk. It's cold here (by our standards). Hovering around freezing. I put on my down coat, boots, and stocking hat with the raccoon ball on top--it makes me even taller, ha ha.

Catch ya later.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    "Why Florence? Because Lorenzo "Il Magnifico" was a great patron of the arts. He gathered into his court and supported most of the talented artists and thinkers of the day. When you put creative thinkers in close contact and finance their works, you'll have an explosion of wonderful things."
    https://youtu.be/TOQUxfT6-Kk?t=4

Yep--without Lorenzo Di Medici, I don't know if the Rennaisance would have happened---true.
  • Hiawassee88
    edited March 2022
    Options
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    v8phjdy9fl27.jpg
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    https://youtu.be/KRf7OIcDdVA?t=2

Ethos of the old west right here with intensity and passion. That "Look".
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    edited March 2022
    Options
    https://youtu.be/xXpHi7ChzY8?t=63

This young buck is lit. I like him.