Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    k111guz5x4i9.png
  • Hiawassee88
    t6h7e1haqn3v.png
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    Rattlesnakes and ticks are one of the first signs of spring. Rattlesnakes can climb a fence post. They're usually after a birdhouse. You need to bury the head because they can still bite you for several hours and the venom is still poisonous. Someone found a rattler's heart still beating after 8 hours. Snakes are bent on survival and will hang on. I know you've heard that rattlers won't die before the sun goes down. Mostly true because that's when the temps drop.

Every year a few hikers go missing. They usually don't carry any survival gear or even wear a coat. They may have a cell phone but good luck finding service. The antidote for rattlers is bull snakes. Never kill a bull snake because they're usually harmless to people. A bull snake has no rattles but their coloration is similar to a rattler.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    @snowflake954 Due to the weather the Easter Eggstravaganza was held in the swimming pool with empty plastic eggs. You turn those in for candy but the kids should've asked for cash.

I told you they were going to name a mountain after Jackson Pollock but they quashed it. It would just draw more pesky and they would carve their initials into it like they do everything else...including the geyser basins. They can't leave anything alone. Since Rona, they've been piling in here by a million more than each previous year. The crowds and animal jams are unreal.

Cabin Fever is real. When you spend 9 months of the year in snow, you take advantage of longer days and sleep falls by the wayside. In Alaska, that's just the way they roll, too. You've got to make hay while the sun shines. Wax on wax off, come the 4th of July, I'll be burning the midnight oil.

I really don't want summer to move too fast. It just brings us that much closer to shorter days and winter. Again. It goes by in a flash. Sooo fast.

Thought of you. We went "Downtown", that's The Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain area. I needed to look for "lady shoes". We're invited to a baptism next Saturday and I have to figure out what to wear. I hate lady shoes. They put me in a big pinch--literally. I wear Sketchers all the time and when I have to dress up, I hate uncomfortable shoes. It's hard to find size 10's too, so I have to search. Anyhoo, we were smack dab back in full tourist mode. The streets were crowded with kids whizzing around on those electric surf board things. I hate those. They don't park em, they just leave or throw them anywhere and they're blocking all the sidewalks. It was total caos with all the crowds.

We ate at Pizza Re'. I had a spinach salad w walnuts and a third of my husband's pizza. We split a desert--pistacchio semifreddo w a chocolate center. Then we walked home through the Roman Forum and past the Coloseum. It's an hour's walk.
  • Hiawassee88
    We've got snow fade with satellite service. TV is out of the question so I'm going to entertain myself with some more music. I'll take that any day over dust, dirt and fire. I'm compliant without a complaint.
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    @snowflake954 I was hoping to find you here and lo and behold, I did. It's snowing to beat the band and if it keeps UP, you will have to shovel some snow when you go home.
    angdc9rp5eo6.png
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    I took a handful of fortified gummy bears. Who really needs those. No one but I limit myself to just a handful and I don't opt for an entire bag of non-vitamin fortified bears. I can only get so fancy. I don't care for hi-heels or dress shoes. They give me a big pinch in every way, too. Just like those 1800 chicks climbing mountains in their Sunday best. They didn't know any better. Poor things.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    @snowflake954 I was hoping to find you here and lo and behold, I did. It's snowing to beat the band and if it keeps UP, you will have to shovel some snow when you go home.
    angdc9rp5eo6.png

OK. I can get back into it. I still remember being snowed in. We used to listen to the radio in the morning for school closings. We were always hoping our school would be closed. A snow holiday was a big deal.
  • Hiawassee88
    Yaaassss. We're under a heavy winter weather advisory for the next 12 hours. I'm just singing and talking to myself. The uzhe.
    I still listen to the local AM radio station because the info is always better. I listen to it at night, too. Last night, the signal went out and it was all white noise but that puts you to sleep, too. I keep the volume low but my ear is always to the ground. I grew UP that way. Local radio, scanner and maybe the TV, too. It doesn't bother me at all.
  • Hiawassee88
    Oooo, Snowflake. I try to shake it off but I can't. The world. 💔 I think about your folkaronies over there. I would think it's bringing everyone together in a good and compassionate way.