Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    john-mayer-mountain-man.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    Animated-GIF-downsized_large-35.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jbtunvg5fn6tcge6lkhb9s2fqk2xj75yk2jt1qfd&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
  • Hiawassee88
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473mvnl2vdn15jgec24hs0ckeuxc74gmlax8tyyxos&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
  • Hiawassee88
    ImportantPortlyInexpectatumpleco-size_restricted.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    Animated-GIF-downsized_large-43.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    Animated-GIF-downsized_large-47.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    Animated-GIF-downsized_large-51.gif
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    @snowflake954 I'm just going to hang out in your kitchen. We'll visit while you're making all of those luscious meals. I'll clean UP while you cook. We'll laugh and have whopping boatloads of Rolling ROFL's. You'll have to keep me in the kitchen because I'll be too wild for your folkaronies. I'll be your secret sister. You can bring me out on special occasions. We'll wait until they've had a few drinks and then I can approach the table. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚

Seriously, I would enjoy cooking with you and hope it happens one day. Tonight it's raining (I'm happy--we need it), and tomorrow is a holiday here. My husband wanted to go out again (third night in a row). OK. We split everything--a pizza margarita (simple cheese and sauce pizza and this place makes it so thin and crispy, and tasty), a plate of spaghetti w tomato sauce and small shrimp and scampi, and a mini cheesecake w blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries.

Still lots of tourists everywhere. We went for a short tour of the neighborhood and it started raining. There is a portico that surrounds the entire park where we go running mornings. There is a hotel and on Sundays, in front of it, there is a group that does the tango. There must have been 30 couples. It's fun to watch them. There are always surprises just around the corner.
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022

Oooo, they come. We're bursting at the seams. ๐Ÿ˜‹ You need to write a book.
  • Hiawassee88
    @snowflake954 We've been on plenty of backpacking and camping trips without running water. I watch the current hardships, thinking of those babies and children without running water and heat. I think back to a time when it went on for 5 or 6 years. Go back to early Roman engineering, the masters of water and wastewater systems, Roman aqueducts. Brilliant.

No one can prognosticate the future. 'They' can't even tell us what tomorrow might hold. No one can.

All of this has moved something over in me. I don't care about imaginary nonsense or petty anything. I'm looking waaaay down the road as far as my eyes can see. Strong family bonds are everything and without them there's a disconnect. Some things are caught and not taught.

I've never taken family responsibilities lightly. I serve my duty proudly. Generally speaking, don't let anyone define you or break you down into their perceptions or bias. Let them eat your dust. We've all got bigger fish to fry and lets hope we can still catch some if we need to. Around here, the pesky would have this place fished out in no time at all. The loaves and the fishes will have to multiply to satisfy this crowded place.

Funny thing, others may not give you the time of day until the chips are really down. I've had city dwellers tell me they're going to come looking for us if multi-crap hits the fan. They don't know how to fish, let alone clean one. B)
  • Hiawassee88
    1iusxd7yzues.png