a04o9xa7mku1.png
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    tc07mtocrzwk.png
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    @snowflake954
    L5DfOl.gif

Today, I was pickpocketed...by a dog. I went to the jewelry store to find some watch batteries, all died at the same time. There were two large standard poodles that belong to the owner. They're huge and stealthy. While I was talking, they buried their heads into my pockets and took everything including my keys. This is their SOP.

I went home in my truck but wanted to start the car because it's been sitting throughout these snowstorms. No keys. These dogs stash their goodies in a dog tent in the back of the store. Couldn't find the keys so I went all of the way back home. I found the car keys in the most unlikely place. It's whackadoodle poodle noodle but that's the way I roll.

The car battery was dead so I had to put the charger on. Then I flew down the highway for a 40 mile round trip. It was a wild day but I did a little shopping downtown. There were some tourists from Tennessee and they told me they wanted to move here. So what else is new. Criminently.

On the road, I was thinking how much your folkaronies are going to miss you. They will know how much you really do around that outfit. Good medicine but I can imagine all of the dishes stacking to the ceiling. Hope not. They will probably go out for dinner every night while you're gone.

Power lines and towers. Oy vey. You'll be missed around here. I'd leave a note every day at that place until I found you. I'd swim around in the fountains. After all, where would Lewis and Clark be if it wasn't for folks like us. Yeah, baby.

Tell'em as you leave the parting gate, 'You'll just have to Lewis and Clark it while I'm gone. So long now.'

For sure they'll be eating out and getting take-out. While the cat's away......... They also don't clean anything. That's not their job. Sigh. I always come back to mountains of work.

Anyhoo. Can all those aspiring cowboys stand your winters there? I would think not. What they don't realize is that when they move in "en masse" (droves) they change the place. It becomes where they came from. Dumb huh? Venice was ruined by tourism. Ecologically Venice is precarious. Heavy tourism is killing it and it's no longer what it was. The Venicians have moved out of town. It's hard to find a real one there in Venice.

The first time I saw Venice was 38 years ago. I was visiting my now husband on an island south of Venice called Chioggia. It's a fishing town with cute painted boats. I lived there a year before moving to Rome. Anyway, he took me to Venice early on a Sunday morning and it was deserted. Magic. I remember my first impressions still.