Songs that are on your mind

Replies

• Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited May 2022
    @snowflake954 How's your Italian accent. Do you shake it off when you're around your family or how does that work. Do your folkaronies have you teach them some phrases. I'm already thinking about the dishes around the Ponderosa. I'm thinking they may surprise you when you get home and have everything spotless.

36sdskaquu9i.png

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited May 2022
    @snowflake954 Strong families, that's just how they roll. You're a good communicator. Heckatoot, I'm excited for you and I'm out in the middle of nowhere. Connection is everything. The half has not been told.

Put the pedal to the metal and give it all you've got. I can only imagine the casseroles and dishes that are coming your way.
    It's going to be a 3 week lollapalooza.

Funny--in Minnesota they call them "hot dish". Where I worked, a woman moved to Mpls from NY. She was a gourmet cook and taught cooking classes. The first time they had a pot luck at work and she saw her first "hot dish" was a sight to behold. Everybody told the story and laughed for years. She is still a dear friend and I hope to see her when I'm home. It took her awhile to break into Minnesota and the lake culture, but once she did there was no holding back. She never did get into making a hot dish though.
  • Hiawassee88
    edited May 2022
    Does anyone ever do a little boxing, fist-ta-cuffin' out in the front yard over recipes. I've seen it. No hair pulling but hurt feelers because they won't share secret family recipes or they leave out one ingredient.

83.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    bears-bears-fighting.gif

Squaring off over recipes.
  • Hiawassee88
    bear-fight.gif
    We've had more than two family reunions completely ruined over recipes. Everyone gets huffy, loads UP and goes home.
  • Hiawassee88
    vijzb6nkg7cv.png
  • Hiawassee88
    135moawlq4e4.png
  • Hiawassee88
    4c9azpikwqzk.png
  • snowflake954
    @snowflake954 How's your Italian accent. Do you shake it off when you're around your family or how does that work. Do your folkaronies have you teach them some phrases. I'm already thinking about the dishes around the Ponderosa. I'm thinking they may surprise you when you get home and have everything spotless.

36sdskaquu9i.png

They tell me that when I arrive my English is rusty. It takes a couple of days to get back into it and I have a sore throat from talking so much. I speak Italian here and I'm mostly at home or swimming and don't talk constantly. I told my husband that it's like changing gears on a car. When he came home with me and the kids were little, it was a constant interpreting for him and I was constantly switching back and forth--it gave me a headache. I don't know how professional interpreters do it for a living.
  • Hiawassee88
    edited May 2022
    hpbtqo59goai.png

• snowflake954
    bear-fight.gif
    We've had more than two family reunions completely ruined over recipes. Everyone gets huffy, loads UP and goes home.

If my husband were there he'd use his favorite technique---"Oh sure, I'd be happy to get that to you". Then he'd "forget".
  • Hiawassee88

Favorite technique---"Oh sure, I'd be happy to get that to you". Then he'd "forget".

I'm taking that and I'm using it.

• Hiawassee88
    edited May 2022
    @snowflake954 How convenient to just say, Come again, I didn't really catch that and then wander off. Out of the kitchen. My nephew just made Air Force Captain, today. He's one handsome sonuvagun.