• Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited June 2022
    tumblr_omi91fskkL1ultjoto2_r1_400.gifv
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited June 2022
    @snowflake954
    "An Ohio woman visiting Yellowstone National Park was gored by a bison and thrown into the air this week after she got too close to the animal, park officials said. She has puncture wounds and other injuries. Her condition is unknown.

The 25-year-old woman from Grove City, Ohio, whose name the National Park Service has not released,
    approached a female bison near a boardwalk at Black Sand Basin on Monday morning, according to a news release. The Park located in Wyoming, requires visitors to stay more than 25 yards away from bison, the
    woman approached within 10 feet of the animal, park officials said. Two other people also were within 25 yards of the bison, the Park Service said.

When the woman approached the bison at the Black Sand Basin boardwalk, west of the Old Faithful geyser on Memorial Day, the animal charged her."

People are nuts and sometimes get what they deserve. Caution around animals is the rule--even one you think you know. We had a great dog on our farm when I was growing up, a Bernese Mountain dog (he was a bit of a mix, but that's the part that showed the most). He was fairly calm unless someone he didn't know drove up. One day walking with him beside me and coming around the corner of the barn, he just suddenly bit me. I never could figure out why he did that. My horse tried once, but I saw it coming and whacked him in the nose. These were domestic animals. Wild animals are not to mess with.
  • snowflake954
    @snowflake954 Did you watch the Queen's Jubilee, yesterday? Princess Anne rode on horseback.
    fiothho9nowf.png

Yes, I saw a little. We had a national holiday here yesterday with a big military parade down by the Coloseum. I didn't go--too hot. We're in the 90's. The Carabiniere part on horseback had a gorgeous big blue roan with a black mane and tail as leader--what a horse! I'm a sucker for a blue roan.
  • snowflake954
    bison-6697.gif

This fool makes me crazy.
  • snowflake954
    @snowflake954 I can only imagine how much the squirrels missed you. I sure did and that's no smoke.

I still haven't seen them. Since yesterday was a holiday the in-laws took them camping until Sunday. My son said that when they saw a plane flying overhead they asked if Nonna (grandma) was on it.
  • Hiawassee88
    edited June 2022
    @snowflake954 I will not talk to the big house cat, again. Next thing you know, she'd be expecting Fancy Feast and that would be me. I can only get so fancy. The squirrels are so sweet. <3 Those mountain dogs are awesome. Blue heelers will bite you, too. One bit me in the rearend. Mean rascal.

I did watch the Jubilee. My great grandmaw and grandmaw were fascinated with royalty. They were royal without the crown. The apples don't fall far from the tree. I'm referring to the fascination part here.☺
  • Hiawassee88
    57cb3f482928ad419fd31b4f7bfcf683.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    edited June 2022
    oirbrv1jydox.png
  • Hiawassee88
    giphy.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    edited June 2022
    @snowflake954 It's the truth. I'm really happy, today. Happy that you're back in your roost, safe and sound. I'm wondering how the kitchen looked. 😁 And, I'm wondering what you thought about the news cycles while you were home. Overwhelming in every way. Oy vey.

Tonight, is another pizza night. I'm going to take it back outside. I went to bed early every night while you were away. Ayup. Your words were ringing in my ears. I heard ya, sure did. I always do.

Guess what. I ordered another medal. Solid silver with silver chain. Zowza, but I really wanted it.
  • Hiawassee88
    6of9q9kjdrta.png
  • Hiawassee88
    edited June 2022

Ryan Upchurch was an infantryman assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 187th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division. Upchurch joined the Army in August 2004 and was assigned to Fort Campbell in March 2005.
  • Hiawassee88
    iw9r2cav0v9r.png