What's for Dinner tonight?

Options
bga008
bga008 Posts: 90
So last night I totally splurged on Pizza and tonight I need to take it easy so I'm looking for a healthy simple dinner that I can make after work. Any Suggestions?

Replies

• bga008
    Options
    Since no one has responded, I think I may do fish sticks and fries.... Not healthy but, according to the numbers....

9 fish sticks = Calories: 345 Carbs: 24 Fat: 21 Protein: 14

3oz of French fries (15-20 fries) = Calories: 130 Carbs: 21 Fat: 4 Protein: 2

So not too bad on calories, a bit much on fat though.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm having soup. Two bowls of rich tomato soup fills me up, feels indulgent, tastes good, and comes in at around 250 calories. For 2 bowls.

Yum.
  • rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Baked salmon with steamed basmati rice and steamed veggies. about 350 calories and super healthy.
  • KimKramer
    KimKramer Posts: 44
    Options
    I will be making spinach lasagna roll ups for dinner! One roll comes in around 300cals ( I always over estimate, its probably more like 250) YUM -O!
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My favourite "Cheat" meal but still healthy and about 300 calories is taco salad made with one cup of ground CHICKEN, TONS of lettuce, lots of tomatoes, onions, salsa and even a bit of light cheese! Fills me right up and I feel like I'm cheating but it's great!

I use sodium reduced taco mix too!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    A chicken breast, fresh mushrooms sauteed in swanson flavor boost packet (I know a little high on the sodium but they make lower sodium versions) and a side of green beans......I think I'm drooling.... is it dinner time yet?
  • bga008
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas!
  • djtessatessa
    djtessatessa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    portabello mushroom with tomatoe sauce and part skim mozarella - bake for about 20 mins and have a side of veggies (like steamed brussels sprouts?)

you can add another topping if you want, but with just this its about 110 cals for the portopizza and around 35 for half a cup of brussels.. can't go wrong!

another one i like is mini pitas (2-3) split open, add some hummus, spinach, mushrooms and sprouts and youve got a taste 180 cal dinner on your hands. you can even add boiled egg whites for some extra protein.
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I made pita pizza for the first time last night, and am eating it again tonight! Your favorite pita (mine is 160 cals for entire pita), low fat cheese (I used 1/2 cup, 140 cals), sauce (20 cals for 1/4 cup) and your favorite toppings. I used turkey pepperoni (8 slices, about 35 cals), onion, red and green bell pepper. Throw it in the oven for 10 minutes at 350-the pita gets nice and crispy.
  • briley76
    briley76 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Grilled Atlantic Salmon!
  • Insangelous
    Insangelous Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm having some pasta with pesto and tomatoes.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    My partner's at work so I don't do much cooking when he's not here...

2 soya burgers with fried mushrooms, a portion of mixed veg and a wholemeal bread roll.

Not the best dinner but tasty enough! :P
  • nesskehoe
    nesskehoe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Favourite dinner of the week today, grilled salmon, cous cous and roasted peppers,onions and zucchini!! :)
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    home made tacos with fat free tortillas... the taco meat and the home made salsa i got right here from recipies on MFP!
    479010 Posts: 1
    Options
    Marinated pork chops on the grill with saurkraut on the side. :happy:
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Zuccini Boats :) Hollowed out Zuccini and then filled in with extra lean ground turkey ( cooked with pasta sauce) and light cheese. Bake for 45 minutes and they are so soft and yummy. My 11 year old son loves these!
  • falbin
    falbin Posts: 1
    Options
    Crock Pot Dinner!
    Low-Fat Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
    Serves 5-6
    Throw a few chicken breasts into the crock pot, a can of corn, two cans of rinsed black beans, two packets of hidden valley dry ranch mix, two cans of rotel and about 12-16oz of fat free cream cheese on top - If ya like it spicy - like me - add some chili powder and cayenne pepper! Cook on slow - Stir the cream cheese in - the Chicken will shred when you stir - and Enjoy! About 400 cal; 4 g fat. Though pretty high in sodium.
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    Options
    grilled chicken alfredo :)
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Venison Steak with salsa verde butter, baby spinach and a mixed salad....
  • saraht131
    saraht131 Posts: 86
    Options
    I took last night's bolognaise left overs and added chilli, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin and coriander to make chilli. With some wholegrain basmati rice and a little bit of grated cheese. It was amazing!