Strawberries and Fool Whip Light (not a type)

Options
maurierose
maurierose Posts: 574 Member
errr not a TYPO.... lol.... :blushing: :laugh:
(Yes, I have read the warnings about Cool Whip, thus the reference to "Fool Whip" teeheehee :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I like it, I eat it, just not in large doses or very often. :tongue: )

I was craving sugar - so I did something I've never done before.... sliced a couple of huge strawberries in half and put about a teaspoon of Light Cool Whip on each one, it was soooo good!!! Less than 50 calories, and the perfect summery treat.

Replies

• farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    I eat that almost every night as my dessert. I slice up 1-2 cups of strawberries and then put on 2T of cool whip free and it is a great treat.
  • rabbit45
    rabbit45 Posts: 36
    Options
    excellent with angel food cake if you have to bring a dessert somewhere - light(er) but no one would think twice!
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What warnings? What's wrong with Cool Whip?
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/48241-a-delicious-blend-of-sugar-wax-and-condom-lube

This is what's wrong with cool whip. Really I don't care if you all eat it. But why not put some yummy greek style yogurt on your fruit. Yes, I know it would be more calories but at least it's good for you. Just because something is low cal does not make it healthy. In fact the more processed your food is the less healthy it is.
    :flowerforyou:
  • qtkt1
    qtkt1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i freeze it then eat it! yum
  • maurierose
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/48241-a-delicious-blend-of-sugar-wax-and-condom-lube

This is what's wrong with cool whip. Really I don't care if you all eat it. But why not put some yummy greek style yogurt on your fruit. Yes, I know it would be more calories but at least it's good for you. Just because something is low cal does not make it healthy. In fact the more processed your food is the less healthy it is.

Only because I didn't have any yummy greek-style yogurt. :bigsmile: But I have to say, a couple teaspoons of cool whip was probably a better choice than what I ALMOST grabbed... a peanut butter twix bar. :devil: At least the strawberries were healthy!

I am going to have to try the frozen version, and the angelfood cake! I have a mix that's been sitting in my cupboard that I need to make. Anyone know if you can make an angelfood cake in something other than an angelfood cake pan?
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    i freeze it then eat it! yum
    Me too! Its like ice cream!! I know what goes into it and who cares? lol
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options

What is greek yogurt? I saw it in "Cook Yourself Thin" cookbook but have never been able to find it in a store.
  • keiko
    Options

Only because I didn't have any yummy greek-style yogurt. :bigsmile: But I have to say, a couple teaspoons of cool whip was probably a better choice than what I ALMOST grabbed... a peanut butter twix bar. :devil: At least the strawberries were healthy!

I am going to have to try the frozen version, and the angelfood cake! I have a mix that's been sitting in my cupboard that I need to make. Anyone know if you can make an angelfood cake in something other than an angelfood cake pan?

Check your box. It should have baking directions for loaf pans and muffin tins.
    They are really easy to make from scratch and you can even make them chocolate!
  • keiko
    Options

What is greek yogurt? I saw it in "Cook Yourself Thin" cookbook but have never been able to find it in a store.

It is strained so it's much creamier than regular yogurt. Some brands to look for are Fage, greek gods, oikos. There are probably others but those come to mind first.

I prefer the flavor of the full fat ones. Taking the fat out of foods seems to decrease the flavor. I use the plain as a substitute for sour cream when I make dips or for baked potatoes.
  • maurierose
    Options
    Thanks Keiko! :smile: