eating the same ole foods over and over

Options
I have found, that I usually eat the same ole thing over and over., Sometimes everyday for a while and others just a few days in between. I don't have the money to buy a lot of groceries, so I try to buy what I can afford and what will not have to be thrown away because it went bad before I could eat it. I don't have a lot of time to cook ( I work secon shift a lot right now,not to mention running my daughter back and forth to work, and then my son etc.,, etc.)
I also have trouble eating over my calories allowed in 1 day most times. not usually by much, but still over some. Some days It is a breeze and others a struggle to decide what I can afford to eat (calories and cost). I have not had a coke in over a month and I am getting used to drinking water, so I know I have pluses, but I really know that it can't be good to eat the same foods all the time
I guess my question is, how often should I be changing up my foods so my body wont get in a rut.....

Replies

• Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Good question. I don't know, but I basically eat the same thing everyday. I love what I eat so I don't feel deprived. And I'm maintaining my weight so it works for me.
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    I am a fussy eater and always eat the same things I am sure it is not ideal for nutrition but after my first son I lostover 3 stone with eating the same meals all the time, so it didnt hamper my weight loss :smile:
  • sadira86
    sadira86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i don't think it's a problem to eat the same things all the time as long as you're eating a well rounded variety of foods so you're not lacking in any nutrients. when i try to eat healthy, i find that i tend to eat a lot of the same things over and over for periods of time because i know i like them and i know the calories and nutrition in them so it makes it easy for me to keep track of what i'm consuming.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Your body won't get in a "rut" and refuse to lose weight because you eat the same thing. Mentally you might tire of it, but your body doesn't care.

Personally, I don't mind eating the same breakfast and lunch over and over. That's 2 out of 3 meals that are very predictable, and I don't have to worry about it. Pull it right off the history and I'm ready to go.

I get my variety at dinner and on weekends.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It totally depends on what you are eating. For weight loss, as long as you are within your calorie goals it doesn't matter. But for nutrition, it's best to eat a variety of foods to make sure you are getting a good mix of nutrients.
  • katwoman926
    Options
    Thank you for your responses. I didn't feel like it was a bad thing, but just wanted others opinions. I too get my variety at night and weekends, But I weigh on either Monday or Tuesday and don't want to over due on the weekends either. It is a good motavator to know you have to weigh in the first of the week.
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I buy Healthy Choice for lunch. You can eat snacks such as fruits. When you do have the time to cook, cook a whole bunch and then you can have left overs. I always make a pot of rice and then I can eat it with different types of proteins on other days. If you have to get fast food go for snack wraps keeping in mind they are about 300+ calories.