am i eating right?

Options
hi im female, 5'5 i was 205 and now im at 190 and iv been at 190 for the past couple weeks, which is very annoying. i changed up my eating a little and started actually working out lol. here is what i normally eat...

morning
chobani nonfat greek stawberry yogurt
~1cup frosted shredded wheat, i put it in the yogurt

i have class all day

and then when i get home i eat...

chicken buritto
whole grain tortilla
~1/2 cup rottisorie chicken
~1cup romaine lettuce
~1/4 cup avacado/corn/tomato salsa
squeeze of lime

i get everything from whole foods, and the salsa is literally just corn avacado tomatoes and cilantro.

then after that i just kinda pick around on fruits, sometimes a spoonful of almond butter, or 2 eggs with some roasted red pepper hummus, just depending on what i have and how hungry i am

i drink only regular water and italian sparkling mineral water.

what do you think of this? im trying to balance fats protein and carbs.

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    How many calories does that all add up to? It doesn't seem like enough food to me. You probably need to have a snack in the middle of the day if you can. Take an apple, carrot, celery or jicama sticks with you to munch on along with some peanut/almond butter and it will help boost your metabolism. I have read that eating every three hours is the best way to keep your metabolism revved.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    It sounds like you're eating good whole foods. Probably the only thing I would recommend is incorporating some snacks. You can bring a Kashi granola bar in your backpack or dark chocolate dreams peanut butter (one of my favorite things in the world) in tupperware and an apple travel nicely. If you had a little cooler-type lunch bag string cheese or yogurt would be yummy too. Or a little baggie filled with cheerios, almonds, and cranberries. But yeah... I'd try some snacks to keep your metabolism going. And make sure you're eating ENOUGH calories thru the day. Otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and hang on to every ounce of fat so it doesn't die. :smile:
  • jessicael
    jessicael Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would agree with adding snacks. You need several small meals through out the day. If you have class during the day, maybe try to bring along something that is portable and quick. After 3-4 hours your body goes into "starvation" mode, so be sure to re-fuel and not skip snakcs, just make sure they are healthy options!! :happy:
  • milayamyam
    Options
    im not sure how many calories it is exaclty but when i plug it into this site it says im not eating enough. im just not hungry. but i could probably eat a snack during school, i will def try that. and the first girl who responded, you have the same goals as me almost exactly! what are you doing for eating/workout?
  • expressbug
    expressbug Posts: 100
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you are eating enough.

Add a banana to your breakfast or some other kind of fruit.
    You can add fat free sour cream to your burrito or Black Beans, refried beans, ect..

Take some snacks with you to school.

I love fiber one bars
    Light String cheese
    Fruit
    Chex Mix
    Cheerios mix

I have found that you have to eat at least 1200 calories including the calories you burn to keep a steady weight loss going. If you are stuck and just started exercise its prob because your net calories is below 1200. Hope this helps and good luck.
  • jensocalgirl
    Options
    I understand on not being hungry all the time but it is probably stemming from not eating enough. Give it two days of adding in some stuff that everyone mentioned above and you'll find yourself hungry at your normal snack time. As long as those foods are healthy you'll be fine. Plus the more you increase your workouts the more hungry you'll be! Fill up on lean proteins to keep you on track.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Yeah that doesn't sound like nearly enough food. Along with snacks, I really think you should add an actual lunch in there. Get a small soft sided lunch bag that you can carry along with your books or purse and pack a lunch. Bring a sandwhich with lean meat like turkey and whole wheat bread, or pack a salad, or even bring leftovers from dinner, I do that a lot.

You can go back to previous days to see how much your days food added up to....I think it's really the best way anyway can help you here to know how many calories your consuming and how many more you should be eating. You can also make your food diary public so that others can view it and give advice.

Also keep in mind, that not being hungry can actually be a sign of your body being in starvation mode. If you up your calories and eat on a more regular basis, I think you'll find that you'll have more of an appetite.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    im not sure how many calories it is exaclty but when i plug it into this site it says im not eating enough. im just not hungry. but i could probably eat a snack during school, i will def try that. and the first girl who responded, you have the same goals as me almost exactly! what are you doing for eating/workout?

My diary is open to friends, so you are welcome to become my friend. :bigsmile: I am trying the same as you to balance protein and carbohydrates. I have increased my fruit and vegetable intake--attempting to not eat as many sweets for snacks. It is amazing how many times a fruit will tame my sweet craving if I allow it to. I did the Biggest Loser 30 day jumpstart and have continued on with the exercise routine of that.
  • beckythebunny122
    beckythebunny122 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem. When I ate the same thing every day, my body would adjust. I would try switching it up a bit.

Another note - as much as I love avocado, I had to seriously limit my intake of them because it seemed that whenever I ate one I would gain a half pound. Don't get me wrong - they are still good fats, but if you're eating a whole or half one a day, you might want to cut back some.