Girls - make-up help please - foundation!!!

Options

Replies

• k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    Are from the UK?

I use BB cream which has foundation in it it's a great light cream which evens skin tone, redness, blemishes etc. It's great. I tend to use that in the day time. If I go out I wear boots brand of No.7 foundation a lovely light foundation again and really evens my skin out nicely :smile:

P.S. i'm wearing the No.7 in my profile pic.
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    Are from the UK?

I use BB cream which has foundation in it it's a great light cream which evens skin tone, redness, blemishes etc. It's great. I tend to use that in the day time. If I go out I wear boots brand of No.7 foundation a lovely light foundation again and really evens my skin out nicely :smile:

Yes i am in the UK hun :) ah ok thanku!! i'll have a look :) xxx
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have combination skin so its oily in some places and dry in others. I don't tend to wear make-up every day but when i do I LOVE mineral make-up!!!! Its easy and quick to apply, doesn't feel heavy or clog up my skin like liquid foundations do. I also feel that even just a small amount covers much better than liquid foundation and therefore it lasts longer.
  • fluffeesquirrel
    fluffeesquirrel Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've heard really good things about Makeup Forever's products, in particular their HD Microfinish powder. Look on youtube, there's an extensive beauty community with all kinds of reviews and recommendations. :)
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    benefit or bare minerals
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I would strongly reccomend using a decent primer under your foundation and then setting it on top with a transclucent face powder.
  • swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour or Revlon Colorstay are the only two that won't budge on my face, as far as drugstore foundations, and I have very oily skin. If the coverage is a little too heavy, because they are more more of a medium coverage, you can apply them with a damp sponge.

100% agree :)
  • ryliejaiden
    ryliejaiden Posts: 68
    Options
    Laura Mercier
    ALL of her products are great. A bit more expensive than drugstore products, but you're getting what you're paying for, plus it lasts forever! You can purchase her line at Sephora or LauraMercier.com
  • RubysYummyMummy87
    Options
    i wear maybelline matt mousse foundation i love it and plus its from 5-8 pound and lasts about a month (i wear it everyday) xx
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Another vote for BB cream here, I use Garnier though nearly every make-up range has one now. For special occasions, Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser is possibly the best in the biz, as is the Bare Minerals powder that's got a lot of support here.
  • rabiahassan
    rabiahassan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    MAC MAC MAC ALL THE WAY!!!!
  • Kandierinc
    Kandierinc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love makeup and I have tried quite a few products... Mac, clinique, sephora, bare minerals.... My favorite is Estee Lauder double wear!!!! Ihave used it for over 3 years and I always get compliments on how flawless my face looks.

THIS!! I can't recommend this enough, even after a sweaty work out and shower its still on!
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    MAC MAC MAC ALL THE WAY!!!!

What one hun? i used to always where the studio fix powder on its own but not keen on it anymore!! and the studio fix liquid comes off when i hug someone - embarassing! xxx
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I am in love with Makeup Forever's powder foundation. It is seriously the best I have ever tried.
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    try the revlon colorstay foundation for oily to medium skin..!
    its super awesome,stays on and comes in a WIDE range of shades!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Clinique!
  • iambabygoose
    iambabygoose Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have pretty pale skin under my tan, and I prefer to use MAC studio sculpt but it's quite thick! If I was blessed with your skin toneI'd use an oily skin cleansing product to banish that oil and use a tinted moisturiser!

Ex make up artist :)
  • AmyVix
    AmyVix Posts: 12
    Options
    Helen E Cosmetics Photo Finish. It's oil free and stays put. It's about £20 but at the moment, because it's not very well known, they'r promoting it with £10 goodie bags in certain Debenhams stores. You get the foundation, glitter eyeshadow, eyeshadow brush and lip gloss, all worth about £50. There's only one shade in the foundation but it works to match your skintone. I didn't believe this at first but to demonstrate they paired me with an Asian lady and put the same on us both and it did work xx
  • iambabygoose
    iambabygoose Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Clinique!

My friend uses this and her skin always looks beautiful
  • higgins1988
    higgins1988 Posts: 38
    Options
    MAC prep and prime and then MAC studio fix fluid - comes in lots of olive shades.

If you've tried these and are not a fan, i'd try Lancome Teinte Idole - is a bit pricey but stays on forever and gives a nice matte effect.

if you need to use a powder i'd reccomend a light dusting of loose powder as pressed powder can look a bit cakey

:)