two bite challenge?

Options
I read a quote today from a registered dietician: Two bites will cure a craving. I think I'm going to try this taking just two bites of something I really want and seeing if that will be okay and I don't need to eat the rest. (Of course, I'm talking about something that's not great for me). I want to test this one out.

Replies

• swaney3
    swaney3 Posts: 12
    Options
    There might be something to that. Last night I grilled one steak and shared it with my wife. This is very rare for me. But it was OK. I was satiated.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I got a box of chocolates for Mother's day. I have been having one piece every night after dinner. One piece is about two bites. It is working pretty well for me.
    I think this does work. I am a horrible person, but sometimes I will give my kids something I want and just take a quick bite of it.
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    That works for me. I actually usually stop at one bite. If there's a bag of chips on the table with dinner, so I don't feel deprived I usually pick out a small one and that's it. Whoever said it's impossible to eat "just one" never actually tried! Give it a go. I definitely recommend the technique, even for ice cream or cake or whatever.
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    There is a diet called the 3 bite diet. Also, it's how some skinny french chick says french people don't get fat.
  • scarletphillips
    Options
    Glad this works for most - not for me. If I eat things high in sugar or fat - even a bite - it reminds me how much I LOVED that and it actually makes me crave more. After a year of healthy lifestyle, I rarely miss "bad-for-me foods" and totally delight in healthy food - and I've learned to eat new healthy foods that I wouldn't have even touched a year ago (tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, a variety of fresh fish, blackberries, etc.). I have a theory that if I had a bite of chocolate cake with frosting, I might not enjoy these foods as much.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't work for me. One bite=One MILLION bites.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I can see how this could help, I'd just be careful about really keeping it to only two bites. I think it's a good idea when going out to dinner and your partner gets something that looks really good and you chose a healthier option, have two bites of their meal! That's probably something that I'd do lol
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Same here... if I open something and it contains more than 2-3 bites, all bites will be consumed. That's why we don't keep chips in my house. Open chip bag = empty chip bag. **Massive NOMS**
  • brewface811
    brewface811 Posts: 106
    Options
    I just bought a coke on my lunch break (horrible, I know) I took two sips of it and the rest is going down the drain. Immediate stomach ache and just a general dislike for the taste.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Same here... if I open something and it contains more than 2-3 bites, all bites will be consumed. That's why we don't keep chips in my house. Open chip bag = empty chip bag. **Massive NOMS**

^^THIS! I tend to get down on it.
  • _Schatzi_
    _Schatzi_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It's strange, I think out tastes are evolving. I find that one or two bites is plenty- simple because it's not as good as I remember! I often find things (brownies, coca-cola, candy) Way too sweet. I call it sickly-sweet, and it kinda grosses me out now. It's too much!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I have a big mouth so I take big bites. :-)
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    It really depends on what the food is, for me, and whether or not I'm in craving mode. If I just want two chips with onion dip and I'm in a fine mood, sure. Two chips with onion dip while I'm having a craving attack? Hahahaha, noooope. Sweets are my Achilles heel...so we've taken to keeping as few in the house as possible.
  • Squeeee
    Squeeee Posts: 71
    Options
    This works for me with other peoples' food. When my boyfriend has a snack like Oreos or ice cream or he's drinking a soda that I like, I'll ask for a bite or a sip - USUALLY this helps curb the craving, especially since he doesn't always like to share. :laugh:
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I don't know about everyone else, but two bites does not cure anything for me. Two bites leads to a complete breakdown of will and an entire box of whatever it is being hoovered in to my being. *omnomnomnom*
  • sarann111
    sarann111 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have completely avoided unhealthy snacks and foods for so long that I no longer crave them at all. Starting out, I would have fruit when I wanted sweets, and I think after so long my body associated the two and forgot all about chocolate.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I don't know about everyone else, but two bites does not cure anything for me. Two bites leads to a complete breakdown of will and an entire box of whatever it is being hoovered in to my being. *omnomnomnom*

Me too. Two bites leads to 2 more, then 2 more.....