Good Morning to all!!!

Options
Im a 26 year old mom of 4 and I weigh 220 pounds, trying to lose 35 pounds by september. Not really knowledgeable of whats good, bad or what to do besides walking and staying in my calorie goal. I have been doing this for a month now and i have not lost anything i eat really good because the family so large we eat good meals bread potatos and fried foods. I still eat out and like sweets but i stay within my goal maybe twice a week i may go over but i still walk on my treadmill at least a mile daily. Someone help

Replies

• gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hi. I assume when you say "Good meals" you are being sarcastic? Try fruits, veggies, lean proteins and complex carbohydrates. I would also encourage you to try some weight training to strengthen muscles and help raise your metabolism. Best of luck in meeting your goals!
  • mtraver88
    mtraver88 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hey girl! Good job for starting the positive changes by walking! Now, the real challenge will be to change your eating habits. Forgive me for saying so, but you have to *want* to. I am a mom of 3 and I know what you mean about getting your kids to eat, but you are not helping them either by feeding them fried foods. You don't have to cut everything out, but cut down on the breads and fried foods. Cut out all the processed foods that have high fructose corn syrup and chemicals in them. That alone will help a lot! Walking every day will also help. If you live in an area where your kids are out riding their bikes, walk behind them at a fast pace. You are starting off on the right track! Feel free to friend me, I'll support you in your journey! :)