need help with breakfast....

Options
I wake up in the morning and am literally out the door in less than 10 mins. Although I have been better lately, it's still so hard to have a good breakfast, which is a very important meal.
Does anyone have anything they do in the morning while rushing for work?
Looking for healthier foods...
Thanks in advance :D

Replies

• mjbranchaud
    Options
    Like you I rush out the door in the morning. I bring breakfast with me. Small juice bottle with milk and a container of cerial.

I have it at my desk when I get to work.
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey Nichole!!!

I always prepare my breakfast the night before. I have to be at work by 6:30 AM, so i am always rushing in the morning. My go to staples are smoothies/protein shakes. I usually make the ones from the Eat Clean Diet books, Clean Eating books and Superfoods cookbook. I make sure it contains a fairly equal protein/carb/fat ratio and is high in fiber. Other times, on Sundays (my cooking for the week day) i will make protein pancakes or protein breads/muffins (don't let the name deceive you, it is extrememly healthy) so that it is ready for the week. I freeze the leftovers and pull them out the night before.

Another option is Greek Yogurt and some fruit. I also will have Ezekial or other similar sprouted grain bread with honey or a nut butter and some fruit.

Hopefully this helps a little!!!
  • cholibear
    cholibear Posts: 86
    Options
    Hey Nichole!!!

I always prepare my breakfast the night before. I have to be at work by 6:30 AM, so i am always rushing in the morning. My go to staples are smoothies/protein shakes. I usually make the ones from the Eat Clean Diet books, Clean Eating books and Superfoods cookbook. I make sure it contains a fairly equal protein/carb/fat ratio and is high in fiber. Other times, on Sundays (my cooking for the week day) i will make protein pancakes or protein breads/muffins (don't let the name deceive you, it is extrememly healthy) so that it is ready for the week. I freeze the leftovers and pull them out the night before.

Another option is Greek Yogurt and some fruit. I also will have Ezekial or other similar sprouted grain bread with honey or a nut butter and some fruit.

Hopefully this helps a little!!!

it does, thank you tons!!
  • tomhancock
    tomhancock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 ounces of lowfat greek yogurt and a banana. Comes out to around 230 calories with two cups of black coffee. The yogurt is enough protein to keep you full and the banana has enough sugar that your blood sugar won't drop until lunchtime.
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Mix instant oatmeal with peanut butter
  • eliza46142
    eliza46142 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Gotta add my vote for greek yogurt, too! It's got all that great protein - keeps my blood sugar level all morning. I like it plain with some truvia. Fruit is nice too.
  • Benson19
    Benson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Grab fruit and go or those fruit to go bars
    Make smoothies (This is the best in my opinion. Can leave ingredient in blender over night in fridge, minus ice and liquids)
    Oatmeal with fruit or protein powder
    Make muffins when you can and grab in morning to go, banana bread, peanut butter and banana sandwich (make night before)
    Make scrambled eggs for a few days, steak chopped up and grated cheese and make into wraps night before. Heat in morning and go. (also a fav of mine)
    Yogurt with fruit or oatmeal or granola
    granola bars ( it is good to get fiber in because it helps fill you up)
  • cholibear
    cholibear Posts: 86
    Options
    thank you all tons :)
    great suggestions
  • chwillia1
    chwillia1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I drive through subway once or twice a week for an egg white sandwich on whole wheat english muffin with lots of veggies, salt & pepper, and no cheese. Healthy, low calorie, and surprisingly satisfying.
  • Breezy415
    Breezy415 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich on Sara Lee 45 calorie bread. Comes out to 320 calories. (you can lower it by not using the marshmallow or only using half the serving size......) I eat this almost everyday on my drive to work, with getting 3 kids out the door (one of which is 2 months old and nursing) we're often running late and I have ZERO time to really make something else or sit and eat at home