Food that fills you up and hunger pangs advice please

Options
Hi all

Bit of advice needed please. Only been using MFP for a few weeks, but diet has been going since mid-May and to date have lost 2 stone 10lb. Over the last week I've found that I am incredibly hungry for the first time since my diet has started, firstly, any idea why? No changes to the amount of activity I'm doing or what I'm eating.

Secondly, can anyone suggest foods to fill me up that will be easy to do and not mean I'm using all my calories in one meal? i have a fruit allergy so that's off the menu straight away. Also, as I live in the UK cannot get my hands on as many low fat options as our American and Canadian friends.

Help!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    It could be a boost in your metabolism ... what is your current deficit?
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    I find that once in a while I get hungry that means I'm about to lose weight so I am better off holding off. Keep up with the 8+ glasses of water and it'll all work out.:drinker:
  • Cherrystargirl
    Options

Current defecit? Sorry to be hick but I'm confused! :embarassed:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Bit of advice needed please. Only been using MFP for a few weeks, but diet has been going since mid-May and to date have lost 2 stone 10lb. Over the last week I've found that I am incredibly hungry for the first time since my diet has started, firstly, any idea why? No changes to the amount of activity I'm doing or what I'm eating.

Secondly, can anyone suggest foods to fill me up that will be easy to do and not mean I'm using all my calories in one meal? i have a fruit allergy so that's off the menu straight away. Also, as I live in the UK cannot get my hands on as many low fat options as our American and Canadian friends.

Help!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

If you're really hungry, you might try eating something with more fiber, and or protein. Nuts, Fiber bars, peanut butter, eggs, cheese. Try extra glasses of water too! :smile:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I read recently that added more fluid to your foods, like applesauce, will make you feel fuller longer.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options

Current defecit? Sorry to be hick but I'm confused! :embarassed:

How many pounds per week loss is in your goal?
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    beans are really great for protein & fiber, and very versatile.
  • beckythebunny122
    beckythebunny122 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would add lean protein, like light tuna. I also like sweet potatoes/yams/celery/bell peppers. Sometimes I add peanut butter or a soy burger (love boca chik'n in a salad).

When I'm starving, if it's for a particular food, I usually let myself have a controlled portion.