Had some treats today... will I gain weight?

Options
Today is my last day of school, and there's a party pretty much every class period. Ugh. With treats and food. Ugh x2.
So In the first class, I had some popcorn and a little piece of a Madeleine as well as a little piece of a brownie. I'm talking one inch squared pieces.
In the second class, I had a 90 calorie fiber one brownie, two pretzels (probably about 100 calories), three lays potato chips, and some honeydew.
Then I did something dumb and I ate two and a half cookies and vomitted...
Will I gain weight from my unheatlhy day?
I'm trying to control portions and stuff, so I'm a little worried. :/

Replies

• JohnnyKitty
    JohnnyKitty Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I had about 200 calories of dark chocolate chips. :/
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Just make sure that you excercise off those calories.
    Little concerned that you got sick... um on purpose or on accident?
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    did you vomit on purpose? It's one day--who cares? You don't gain weight from eating "treats" --you gain weight from too many calories. I think you might want to take a step back from all this--you're young and concerned about 2.5 cookies. It's not "dumb" to eat cookies--it's normal and perfectly fine. I ate cookies, cheesecake, and apple crisp yesterday-- and ya know what? Nothing happened.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Yes, just like when a fat person eats a salad, they immediately lose weight.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    It takes 3500 calories over maintenance to gain a pound. I'm guessing your treats did not put you significantly over your maintenance calories. So probably not.

However it sounds like you have some "disordered" feelings about food that you should probably try to get some help for.
  • BigB1924
    BigB1924 Posts: 30
    Options
    You will not gain weight and if you do it will be water weight and will be gone in a couple of days. Just make today a cheat day followed by 6 days of eating right following your diet, and you should see no real ill effects from today.
  • DB_1106
    DB_1106 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You're asking a question no one can possibly answer with the information you have given.
  • Legals81
    Legals81 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Dont worry it all will be fine.

And people who are being mean or smart arsed. Stop it. This is young girl who is asking for advice.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

I don't know what's worse, the original question or this answer.
  • DB_1106
    Options

I don't know what's worse, the original question or this answer.

ahahaha.

:bigsmile:
  • tomhancock
    tomhancock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    At your age, I would not worry about it at all. When you hit 30, you will have to start worrying about the occasional cookie or pretzels but at 19 one bad day a week won't be a big deal at all. A teenager's metabolism is an awesome thing, you should enjoy it!

If you get back to eating right the next day you probably won't gain any weight. MAYBE a little temporary water weight from salty snacks but it will come back off from a day or two of healthy eating. Looking at your profile you should not be worried too much about weight anyway!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    You will be fine. I still eat cookies, cheesecake, chocolate truffles (had 2 today), etc. Just learn that you should do things in moderation.
  • JohnnyKitty
    JohnnyKitty Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm going to be working out today. So that should help :D
    And yeah it was self induced :/
    I only do that for emergencies though...

Thanks to those who made me feel better and realize that it wasn't too bad.
    For those of you who are just rude, yeah. Yeah. Go away.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options

There is no 'emergency' for self-induced vomitting. I suggest seriously seeing a doctor because it sounds like you have an eating disorder. Otherwise, you shouldn't have gained from one bad day of eating.
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options

Oh hunny, there is no situation for self induced vomiting, I think you need to talk with someone and get some help. This is really unhealthy behavior. And regarding the "treats", just brush it off...its one day and you can do better tomorrow. You are young and i'm sure you can recover from this just fine! But really--PLEASE consider getting some help!!!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,002 Member
    Options

There is no 'emergency' for self-induced vomitting. I suggest seriously seeing a doctor because it sounds like you have an eating disorder. Otherwise, you shouldn't have gained from one bad day of eating.

The extra 4 lbs she's gained has horrifed her......another red flag.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I sent you a message off this forum, please note the last few posts.. we are all coming from a place of concern for your well being.
    The self induced vomiting IS an eating disorder.. the panic over 4 lbs is also a red flag to some relationship issues with food and other opinions you have with how you look in a mirror etc.
    Please talk to someone (parent, doctor, guidance counselor....)
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I think at this point we all agree. You need to seek help. This isn't about cookies or calories. There is something deeper that you need some help with that none of us (that I know of) on here are qualified to help you with other than to advise you to seek help. Good luck!
  • DB_1106
    Options
    Was not meaning to be rude. You are expecting people to answer a question that you are only giving 10% of the equation to.

Nobody has any clue if by you eating 2 cookies if you are going to gain weight. We have no clue how many calories you consumed and have no clue what your calorie maintenance level is. Now if you provided this information from the start, maybe we could of formed some type of intelligent response.
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    You sound like you have disordered habits or an eating disorder, you should speak to someone you trust (ex: family member, doctor, counselor). It's not healthy to purge, you will not gain weight after one bad day. You might gain water weight, yes.. But not real weight.

I hope you are able to get help and/or find someone to talk to about this. x