Nursing and need help with diet

Options
I am nursing and having trouble figuring out the amount of calories that I should be eating as well as the mix of foods such as carbs/protein etc, to support nursing as well as to lose the weight. I have 5 pounds to get to pre-baby weight but then I want to seriously tackle the 15 I have been saying I am going to lose for the past ten years! I also cannot eat gluten and milk and have a hard time finding quick meals for all meals as well as snacks since it is pretty difficult to prepare meals with a 2 year old and a 6 week old! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Cory

Replies

• 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I do my tdee -20% (basically what thefat2fitradio calculated) and then add back nursing Cal's dailybased on what my son eats. :-) I eat gluten so no help there :-) I also drink LOTS of water over. 100 Oz or my milk supply suffers :-) and I don't count food it other drinks in that 100 ozs :-) I dont drink pop but may have a little milk or a propel to mix it up a bit if i am having a hard time finishing all my water (once again i dont count that other drink though)
    i have my macros set at 40/30/30 but dont always hit it lol im still working on that. just trying to eat healthier. i have baby carrots and strawberries, apples, grapes, broc, all in my fridge ready to be eaten (helps me when i am feeling snacky)

I also worried more about nursing than weightloss, if my son seemed to not be getting enough i stopped counting cals and everything to get my milk supply where it needed to be since i cared more about the nursing than the weightloss for at least the first year.
    dont worry you will get the weight off soon enough. :-)