Help! Tired of the same old chicken!

Options
Hey guys! I am so tired of the same boring chicken! I need some good chicken recipes from everyone!! Thanks!

Replies

• LatinaPuppyLover
    Options
    I boil it with mustard, yeah a lot of sodium I know but it tastes very good! onion, garlic and mustard! I'm still eating red meat, I can't eat it all the time, but I try to eat it 2 or 3 max times a week. Just the lean cuts. good luck!
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    you know theres other meat besides chicken.
  • ncbrowneyes97
    ncbrowneyes97 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of my recipes from skinnytaste.com- I love her recipes!
  • DaltonsMom910
    Options
    You can do lemon pepper chicken, you can wrap your chicken with lean bacon, put your chicken in a crock-pot with veggies & a low sodium broth. You can also bake it to where it will be like fried chicken. (link below)

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/healthy-baked-chicken-nuggets.html
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I just made the salsa chicken recipe from allrecipes.com. So simple and really tasty.

4 chicken breast, sprinkle with taco seasoning, top with salsa and bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until juices run clear. Then I topped it with a bit of mozzarella cheese and put it back in the oven for a few minutes. You can top it with a dollop of sour cream at the end too.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I slice mine and throw it in a skillet with olive oil, bell pepps, onion, and garlic. Sometimes I eat it alone, sometimes I wrap it in a tortilla, other times I place it on top of pasta with a light marinera. :)
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have a blog with TONS of recipes! You should check it out...

Meetmrsb.blogspot.com
  • DaltonsMom910
    Options
    This one looks amazing also!! Baked Chicken Parmesan!! Yum!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/baked-chicken-parmesan.html
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    My family and friends go crazy for this new one I'm doing on the grill. Marinate boneless skinless chicken breasts in:

1c soy sauce (I actually use Tamari because I'm gluten free)
    1/4 c olive oil
    1/4 c lime juice
    1/4 c honey
    lots and lots of chopped garlic

Don't marinate for more than an hour, as the lime juice will start to "cook" the chicken.
  • Tabatha_Glau
    Tabatha_Glau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste? I am deff going to have to take a look thanks!
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I will buy the yummiest store bought brucchetta (Caesars I think)

I bake my chicken with just a little olive oil drizzled (salt and pepper)
    cooke 3/4 of the way
    Remove and add bruchetta to cover the tops
    finish baking
    DELISH and easy
    Add a little sprinkle of parm cheese on top.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is not the lowest in calories, but very delicious and kid-friendly.

From bettycrocker.com...

Oven Fried Chicken Tenders

1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
    1 egg
    1 tablespoon Water
    1 cup plain or Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs (I use plain)
    1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
    1 package (or 1 1/4 lb chicken breast tenders)...I just slice up chicken breasts

Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with foil and spray to prevent sticking
    Place flour in a shallow dish. Beat Egg and Water together in another shallow dish. Mix bread crumbs and cheese in a third dish. Coat chicken with flour, dip into egg mix, and then coat with bread crumb/cheese mix.
    Bake 15-20 minutes, turning once until chicken is cooked through.
    Recipe makes 4 servings.

1 serving is 330 calories. Much better tasting than processed chicken tenders from a bag!
  • jrecmcallister
    Options
    Thanks guys! Just what I needed to get started. I really have great recipes for shrimp and pork, my chicken was just always bland and always the same. Thanks for the great websites and ideas. Looking forward to trying :)
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Just what I needed to get started. I really have great recipes for shrimp and pork, my chicken was just always bland and always the same. Thanks for the great websites and ideas. Looking forward to trying :)

you can use chicken in your pork recipes and vice versa...
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I get a lot of my recipes from skinnytaste.com- I love her recipes!

THISSSS!!! I use her recipes almost daily!
  • HannahDiaz25
    HannahDiaz25 Posts: 104
    Options
    I would eat some lean beef or fish. Both are healthy choices that are not chicken. But if you have to eat chicken try a healthy fajita...use whole grain tortilla, plain greek yogurt mixed with shredded lettuce (so you dont need sour cream) and salsa and balck beans. YUM :smile:
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    you know theres other meat besides chicken.

I was thinking the same thing. Sometimes I feel like the only one on MFP that doesn't eat chicken every day. I don't even eat it every week.