I really need Support

Options
karencogs
karencogs Posts: 50 Member
Hi my name is Karen..Since 2006 I have started gaining weight..now it is 2012..and I have gained 50 lbs..under a lot of stress..My husband is battling bladder, kidney cancer..I really can't work right now..because we are always going to doctors and hospitals..I lose a few and gain a few..I just can't get my mind set..I never had gained this much..only when I had my 3 children..it is so hard..I need alot of support..Help!!

Replies

• spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hello

You can add me if you'd like

:flowerforyou:
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Please add me! You sound so nsy right now but people here will help you stay on goal. :) Best of luck
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    This is a great group for providing support and motivation. I wish you all the best!!!!!
  • mtraver88
    mtraver88 Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you and your family are going through so much right now. Making positive changes will hopefully keep you on track and feel in control. Please add me and I'll do my best to help support you. :)
  • nshirato
    nshirato Posts: 1
    Options
    Stay focused! Stay positive and add me!
  • josettealcorn
    josettealcorn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi karen. You can add me also. Are you needing some meal suggestions? Or some support from all youre stress? Sounds like a bit of both.
  • ribena1958
    ribena1958 Posts: 152
    Options
    I know how that feels when you have to put others before yourself and looking after someone with an illness is hard, I have been there for 30 yrs. I started to take myself in hand just a little over 2 yrs ago, its very hard to change habits. Get down, get stressed, worried and anxiety and fear,= eat.

I've battled with it a lot. I now know and realize that I cannot change circumstances, health, and unforeseen things, BUT I can change ME and how I cope with them.

Feel free to add me, if you need me for anything even a moan, message me,

Sue
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well...
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That's really tough. I hope things are looking up for your family's health.

Sometimes when we're busy and running around the city we say "I don't have time to plan meals. I'll just eat what ever's around." But in the end it actually saves us time and money to dedicate 30 mins in the morning, or a couple hours on Sunday, to pre-make some meals and snacks for the day. Then you don't have to worry about what restaurant to go to in in your already busy day. And healthy eating will give you the energy to tackle it.

Do some research to find healthy choices at fast food places. Subway is always a good choice for a whole wheat 6", just go with either the hot chicken or deli meat like turkey or ham (not cold cuts or meatballs or baccon). Or get one of their salads. McDonald's and Wendy's salads with grilled chikcen are also great if you pick a basalmic dressing. The new McBistro chicken sandwiches are on a whole wheat bun too, hold the mayo. Tim Hortons sandwiches (I'm in Canada, not sure where you are) are very healthy if you get the deli meats and avoid the chicken salad. A&W grilled chicken on whole wheat is amazing and their side salads are always crisp and fresh.

Keep an apple and almonds in your purse for snacks, or granola bars. Keep your water up!

Joining this site is a great way to plan the day ahead of time. Eating healthy will raise your mood and energy and promote health of course. And the feeling of being in control is priceless when struggling with illness.

Good luck.
  • candi_donovan
    Options
    Add me to your list, We all need to support each other! I recently suffered a tramatic loss and I know how important having a good support system around you is needed! :)
  • Mokeynake
    Mokeynake Posts: 1
    Options
    I know how you feel. Last year, my 37-year-old husband was battling kidney cancer. After having the kidney out, he recovered for a brief time, but now he is having trouble with the remaining kidney! It is VERY stressful. I find that taking long, energetic walks has really helped with my anxiety (in general, and regarding my husband's illness). Please add me as a friend. It would be a great way to talk to someone who went through the same deal very recently. My thoughts are with you and your husband in this very trying time.
  • Lilo2k12
    Lilo2k12 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone,

i'm starting this too if anyone wants, feel free to add me, we all need support!
    xoxo
  • mhathy77
    mhathy77 Posts: 7
    Options
    Feel free to add me. The most important thing is focusing on the small victories, no matter how small, and not beating yourself up when you slip up.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    dannnnng iam so sorry you must be under alot of stress
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Our situations are very different, but I try and be a supportive "Friend" on MFP. Anyone who thinks we can relate, and is fairly active on here, feel free to add me
  • Rowberta
    Rowberta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    stress can really make you pack on the pounds. in the last year i gained 30 lbs... after we lost my husbands grandmother to pancreatic cancer (we were the caregivers),then i miscarried earlier this year (my first pregnancy).. and the stress was hard to deal with.. but i am feeling better and back to myself now and ready to get healthy so i can get pregnant again... feel free to add for any support you need...
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Karen, I am really sorry to hear what your family is going through. If you can, try to take 30 minutes to an hour a day of you time. Take the time to go for a walk and clear your head. Best of luck to you!
  • Niahboo
    Niahboo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Stay focused on the eating part and in control.... I tell my self this every day.
  • Niahboo
    Niahboo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm down in the dumps. Me and my co-worker started this together. He has lost 17 pounds in a little over 2 months me. nothing. I know that its me not sticking to it. But i'm ready to to eat with in my calorie count only and dance it out/ zumba/ walk or pilates everyday.
  • shrinkINme88
    Options
    Hello all!!

I am new here!! Please feel free to add me!!:wink::wink: