Hello, I am new to the forums.

Options
Hi, I have lots of weight to lose, since having my two youngest children I have just become baggy frumpy and lazy....so yesterday I decided ENOUGH. I had joined my fittness pal last march but got side tracked, this time I will fill the journal and that will encourage me to do more excersise. I am in the west of Ireland, where is everyone else? . Our evenings are long at the moment, bright until 10.30 or so , and I can now go for a good brisk walk when the children are in bed. I did 45 min this evening and am delighted with myself, I hope to keep up the good work. ( I also quit smoking recently which of course added to my sweet tooth, and my appitite, )

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard. :bigsmile:

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises.

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • biddypat
    biddypat Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you for your welcomes, I spent quite a while last night looking through posts, and the before and after pictures really proove that if you have the right mind set you can do it. So I am really going to get myself fitter, I know If I excersise more the weight will fall off.
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I have also been on again and off again with my fitness pal. I used to only track my foods when I knew I had a good day, but now I am determined to stay on track. My suggestion if to always read new forum posts and join groups. It is incredible how supportive everyone is and how inspirational a lot of their stories can be as well! I find that these are what give me the most motivation!

Good luck in your journey! :wink: :drinker:
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have lots of weight to lose, since having my two youngest children I have just become baggy frumpy and lazy....so yesterday I decided ENOUGH. I had joined my fittness pal last march but got side tracked, this time I will fill the journal and that will encourage me to do more excersise. I am in the west of Ireland, where is everyone else? . Our evenings are long at the moment, bright until 10.30 or so , and I can now go for a good brisk walk when the children are in bed. I did 45 min this evening and am delighted with myself, I hope to keep up the good work. ( I also quit smoking recently which of course added to my sweet tooth, and my appitite, )

Also, congrats and good luck with the quiting smoking! I am very happy for you! That is my next goal!