What do you listen to during workouts ???

Options
13»

Replies

• KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
  • techmom215
    techmom215 Posts: 4
    Options
    Anything Beyonce, Rihanna, Britany, JLo, Katy Perry, PitBull & NIcki Minaj, Flo-Rida, Jay-Z
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    justin timberlake,
    but michael jackson when doing a fast walk on the treadmill. INCREDIBLE BEAT
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I listen to Pandora's, 'Pop and Hip Hop Power Workout' station. The beats in the songs played always sync up to a nice cadence when I am on the Treadmill, Cross Ramp and Elliptical. It gets me in a nice zone.

(This station plays cuts by Nicky Minaj, Calvin Harris, FloRida, Cobra Starship, Rihanna, Chris Brown, Usher, Deb, Ke$ha, David Guetta, Katy Perry, Afrojack, etc). I listen to all types of music, but no other station gets played when I'm doing cardio! LOVE IT!!!
  • gagirlkat
    gagirlkat Posts: 9
    Options
    Rockmyrun.com has awesome mixes that you can download!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Being the total book worm/ nerd that I am, I usually listen to audio books when I run :blushing: 'Sometimes I listen to music, but that varies from Mozart, Eminem, Maroon 5, Tim McGraw, Train...really random and it totally depends on my mood
  • wannaslim
    wannaslim Posts: 31
    Options
    Anything with a filthy beat :-p
  • KevinLamb77
    KevinLamb77 Posts: 87
    Options
    Lots and lots of heavy metal

Yep, it's the only way to go. The more pissed off the song, the better in my book.
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to any music during workouts anymore. At first I couldn't do a workout without it but now I just listen to the DVDs. lol
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I listen to Tony Horton and the generic P90X sounds.

When I am training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu we usually have it on a hard rock radio station, but when I am in the moment of rolling I get tunnel vision and tune out the music.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    If I'm on a long run, I'll listen to an audio book.
    Short runs or lifting and it's upbeat rock, some country and, of course, selected pieces from the Rocky Soundtrack.
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Queen Frida & Gypsyphonic Disko~ NOLA phonic Volume2
    Parliament~Mothership Connection
    RuPaul
    A Tribe Called Red~Electric Pow Wow
    D'Angelo~Brown Sugar, Voodoo
    Mahalia Jackson
    The Staple Singers
    Stereo Total
    Katarine Philip
    First Aid
    Trombone Shorty
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I listen to Chromeo. If you like dancy 80s throwback with more bass, this is for you. It's like Prince and Huey Louis n the news on crack. Disco, techno. Real move you music. Trust me. And friend me! I got so much motivation to deal out. Could use some back too!
    This sounds pretty fun!

I put Pandora on The Sisters of Mercy station. Usually queues up The Cure, Bauhaus, New Order, Joy Division, Mission UK et al. Not necessarily upbeat, but it's the music I know best and it helps me to keep going when I'm all 'Oh I love this song!'
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    Brahms.

Actually with Spotify, I can listen to whatever strikes me whenever I like. This morning's working out was with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers.