Looking for pals who haven't had weight loss surgery

Options
2»

Replies

• NavaGirl35
    NavaGirl35 Posts: 36
    Options
    No nip tuck, here..... all healthy eating and exercising is what gets a hold of me..... Feel free to add me, anyone.....
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I do think there's a significant difference in the approach to life when your organs are literally 20% or less of the size of other people's. If the OP wants to be MFP friends with other people that have 100% of their stomach intact in order to relate better, get ideas for her own weight loss, etc. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I didn't read this as an attack on anyone who has weight-loss surgery- just a call to other people in the same situation as the OP.
  • Jodiekate
    Jodiekate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was seriously considering surgery but decided to give it one last shot on my own.

Thanks to the support and focus MFP has given me I have now lost 25lbs in 9 weeks.

Feel free to add me
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    :)
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. No WLS for me.
  • KendaVSG
    KendaVSG Posts: 147
    Options
    hi there, you can add me. i plan on losing my weight the old fashion way, eating right and exercising =). Just take it one day at a time, you will get there.

This is in response to everyone on this post who has a negative view of WLS, or believe it's not done on our own, nor the "old fashioned way". The ONLY thing wls does is make your stomach smaller. WLS did NOT MAKE me work out, nor does it MAKE me eat healthier. It is no more than a tool to use, as is exercise! And just like if you don't use any other tool properly you can gain weight as well as get hurt. It was NOT my sleeve that made me get up at 4 this morning to workout. It was ME and my DETERMINATION!! It is a very difficult choice for people to make. Our "lifestyle changes" that we are "forced" to make are no different than YOUR'S when you chose to lose weight and get healthy. Everyone needs different tools to assist them on their journey. However, please remember, it is not the "easy way out" nor is it the be all end all of our struggles.

Now, that having been said... Everyone has the right to their own opinion/beliefs, and desires. I just wanted to put the other perspective out there - the one with the facts. I understand people thinking that we are so different and don't have the exact same struggles as non-wls folks. I respect the OP's right and choice to have pals who have not had wls. I wish you all very much luck on your journeys to health. That is, after all, why we are all here. To get fit and healthy.
  • xxmishellyxx
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 30kg (not sure what that is in lbs). I want to try to do that naturally. no weight loss pills or shakes or surgerys. just food and exercise. plus I'm doing all my exercise with my 19 month old who is very impatient in his pram. I'm a full time student so he's already in daycare 40hr per week. and I spend my week sitting down in classes. I'm also lactose intolerant so that mixes things up a bit. But that's life. That is my mission. Feel free to add me. always looks for some new motivational friends :)
  • chickiebabe2
    Options
    hi and welcome, i too haven't had weight loss surgery and have lost 55 pounds to date. so feel free to add me, always after new mfp pals :):happy:
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me! :) I haven't had any kind of weight loss surgery and am working on my first 10 lbs currently. MFP is amazing and the ones who have had surgery are just as inspirational as the others. You should give them a chance because there are some great people here.
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    hi there, you can add me. i plan on losing my weight the old fashion way, eating right and exercising =). Just take it one day at a time, you will get there.

This is in response to everyone on this post who has a negative view of WLS, or believe it's not done on our own, nor the "old fashioned way". The ONLY thing wls does is make your stomach smaller. WLS did NOT MAKE me work out, nor does it MAKE me eat healthier. It is no more than a tool to use, as is exercise! And just like if you don't use any other tool properly you can gain weight as well as get hurt. It was NOT my sleeve that made me get up at 4 this morning to workout. It was ME and my DETERMINATION!! It is a very difficult choice for people to make. Our "lifestyle changes" that we are "forced" to make are no different than YOUR'S when you chose to lose weight and get healthy. Everyone needs different tools to assist them on their journey. However, please remember, it is not the "easy way out" nor is it the be all end all of our struggles.

Now, that having been said... Everyone has the right to their own opinion/beliefs, and desires. I just wanted to put the other perspective out there - the one with the facts. I understand people thinking that we are so different and don't have the exact same struggles as non-wls folks. I respect the OP's right and choice to have pals who have not had wls. I wish you all very much luck on your journeys to health. That is, after all, why we are all here. To get fit and healthy.

Can those seeking to justify their WLS just stop attacking the OP???

She wants to be in touch with people she can relate to, people who use their will power and motivation to lose weight, and not go under the knife.

And to all those who say "it's the same" -- well IMHO it's not.

There is a difference in not having a choice but to eat smaller portions, or having to make that choice not to overeat every time you consume something.