FINALLY!

Options
gemiwing
gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
Oy, it took long enough! I can finally start to see a difference in how I look!

Only took twenty pounds and a month and a half lol

It's not a huge difference- but I can tell! Yay!

I'm down 20 pounds and 12 inches- woo hoo! I'm working my way slowly down to 'overweight' from obese :)

How long did it take before you could start seeing a difference in your body? How long until someone else noticed?

Replies

• ylin
    ylin Posts: 16
    Options
    not quite there yet, but i wanted to say CONGRATS!
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You know, it's funny, I am almost at my goal weight and most people haven't noticed a difference. I guess I was not that big to begin with, but..
    Then some people come up to me and say, wow, you've lost some weight!
    My sister who was at 265lbs when she started has lost about 35lbs and I could definitely tell the difference at her 20lb mark, everyone could tell right away with her!
    For me, I was a slow gainer, gaining an extra 5lbs per year until I woke up. Plus, I seem to distribute my weight pretty evenly everywhere, my sister gained all her weight in her middle and rear but had skinny legs and arms. Go figure..

Congrats on your 20lb milestone!:flowerforyou:
  • Flyright
    Flyright Posts: 36
    Options
    Big Congrats to you!
  • mouser79
    mouser79 Posts: 68
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :love:

It feels so good when someone who doesn't know you've been working out or dieting notices. For me it was 3 months and 40 pounds. A lady who frequents the same breakfast restaurant that we do, met me at the door of that restaurant on July 4th. Out of the blue, she looked me up and down and said "You've lost a lot of weight haven't you?" :flowerforyou: I said "Yes, and thank you for noticing" I think I grinned for the rest of that day.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Oy, it took long enough! I can finally start to see a difference in how I look!

Only took twenty pounds and a month and a half lol

It's not a huge difference- but I can tell! Yay!

I'm down 20 pounds and 12 inches- woo hoo! I'm working my way slowly down to 'overweight' from obese :)

How long did it take before you could start seeing a difference in your body? How long until someone else noticed?

CONGRATULATIONS! That's fantastic! :flowerforyou: Keep up the great job you're doing! :smile:
    In my own case, I guess I'd lost around 15 or 20 before anyone noticed.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Not there yet either, but I remember the feeling, and it feels great! Congrats. :)
  • SulisVioletWings
    Options
    Congrats for sure!! :happy:
    I have been going pretty slow.....
    It has taken me 6 months to lose 40 pounds and for it to be noticable...
    But I have a long way to go still...
    I have a hard time keeping under my calories and ignoring my craving monster!

Great luck and courage to you!

170781.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!

It always feels great when someone acknowledges our hard work. I was around 15 pounds when someone finally said something. But then I started to wear my smaller clothes and a whole lot more people said stuff. I was kinda feeling defeated though cause it took so long.

People will notice and when they do, you'll love talking about being a loser...lol!!!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!