Carbs - Do you want to hit the daily amount?

If you want to lose weight, do you want to hit your daily amount of Carbs or should you be below it at all times?
I'm allowed 232g and that seems like a lot...am I helping myself by eating less or do you think they're giving me that amount because it's fine?

What do you all think?

Replies

• m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    I never hit the allowable carb count. I am always over on protein though and I lost 17 lbs from November 1st to March 30th.
  • siobhano_
    siobhano_ Posts: 101
    I never go over carbs but always go over protein and fat. Hitting your carb goal isn't necessary, it's more a guideline
  • i RARELY EVER come close to my carb goal! However i do always go over on my protein and sugar, but that hasn't kept me from atleast dropping 2-3 pounds per week. :-)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    If you'd rather have lower carbs, just adjust the settings. If you're just eating fewer carbs, without an adjusted goal, you'll end up with wonky overages in other categories instead of knowing how well you're hitting whatever your macro goals are.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    I adjusted my carbs lower and upped the protein counts. I occasionally, but VERY occasionally go over my carb count -- and when I do go over, its good carbs like fruits and whole grains