eating after midnight...calories today or tomorrow?

Options
Hi! So hubby and I are going to midnight showing of Harry Potter tonight. I've saved calories today so that I can eat popcorn and have some soda. But it just occured to me that I'll be eating between 12:00 and 1:00 AM. Should I count the calories today or tomorrow? Does it matter? And oh, I am having that popcorn no matter what so don't anyone try to talk me out of it! :happy:

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Have the popcorn- skip the butter. Bring along some 'butter buds' sprinkles to avoid the Oil Of Death.

I add it onto my same day, not the next day, because I haven't been to sleep yet. :)
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    Well what I would do is if you plan on going to bed after the movie then log those cals. for today. But if you are getting a night sleep before the movie then log them for tomorrow. Enjoy the movie I will be going Saturday. I too will be having the popcorn
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i would say today. I'm in the same boat as you. i've already counted out my bag of reeses pieces and i'm so excited.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I would count it as today. You haven't slept yet. Enjoy the show and get the popcorn unbuttered. In addition if you have the popcorn order the smallest bag you can. This usually fills the "I'm at the movie and I'm going to pout unless I get some popcorn" need. But I don't mindlessly eat a huge bucket o' popcorn.

Have fun!
  • JaneAusten
    JaneAusten Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely the same day. I have tried it the other way and you get up in the morning with a deficit which is hard to deal with the rest of the day.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    i would def. log them as today. have fun at the movie... i need to find someone to go with... my hubby doesn't love harry potter like i do :(
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    Count them today if you have saved calories for it. If you haven't saved for it, then push it over for tomorrow. It all evens out eventually so it doesn't really matter- as long as you account for them sometime!

You could be like I used to be- if its after 10 there are no calories lol, darn, thats why i am here now!
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    OK...thanks everyone! I will count them today since I've already put them in my calorie budget. And to my fellow HP fans: Enjoy the movie! Hope it's magical!
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    half today, and half tomorrow. That way, you can spread it out over two days instead of one!:tongue:
  • schmoopie1213
    Options
    hope you have fun and count it on today
    cause you have not gone to sleep yet
    :glasses: