Does looking at food online make you hungry?

Options
Yesterday late at night I was looking up recipes online and I noticed that I was starvingggg after an hour of trying to find recipes. I liked a lot of the recipes btw :love: (if only I could cook). I heard that women get hungry when they look at food pictures (I read in some magazine). Something about it triggering your brain and food cravings.

Anyways, I went to sleep realllyyyy hungry (like famished). After like 15 minutes did my stomach calm down haha. And today I ate a lottt of snacks. Snack in between breakfast and lunch. Snack in between lunch and dinner. Snack after workout. Probably a snack after dinner (almonds or corn on the cob). Hehe :embarassed: My diary is public btw if you're curious. I felt superrr hungry way more than usual so I'm eating all my calories today. :grumble:

Do you guys think my hunger issues were because of the fact that I didn't eat my exercise calories yesterday? (Btw I usually don't eat my exercise cals). I did elliptical machine at the gym (hill setting) for 60 minutes both today and yesterday at like 5-6pm.

It's weird I never get hungry after doing my Jillian Michael's workouts (at least not to this extent). But they're more like circuit training workouts not straight cardio. So....

Replies

• schmoopie1213
    Options
    thats normal i think!!!:tongue:
    dont worry but next time in
    the middle of the night get
    up and have some friut then
    you can go back to bed not
    so hugary
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes! Not eating your exercise calories will make you really hungry! Think about this: the number of calories you are supposed to eat each day from this site will get you that pound a week steady loss that will get you to your goal. If you ate less than that number, your body would start to conserve as much energy as it could because it would think "Oh, if this keeps up I'll starve to death".

When you exercise, and don't eat those calories back, it's just as bad as not reaching the right number of calories for the day! If you have trouble eating your calories, an avocado in your salad is an easy 200, or an ounce of nuts, or five mini hersheys bars... :laugh:
  • schmoopie1213
    Options
    she is so toaly right but you could also not eat your
    exersize cals and just eat you oringanal amount:happy:
  • schmoopie1213
    Options
    whatever you do is fine but if you get hugery
    online get off and take a break go outside and have
    some fresh friut:tongue:
  • schmoopie1213
    Options
    Yesterday late at night I was looking up recipes online and I noticed that I was starvingggg after an hour of trying to find recipes. I liked a lot of the recipes btw :love: (if only I could cook). I heard that women get hungry when they look at food pictures (I read in some magazine). Something about it triggering your brain and food cravings.

Anyways, I went to sleep realllyyyy hungry (like famished). After like 15 minutes did my stomach calm down haha. And today I ate a lottt of snacks. Snack in between breakfast and lunch. Snack in between lunch and dinner. Snack after workout. Probably a snack after dinner (almonds or corn on the cob). Hehe :embarassed: My diary is public btw if you're curious. I felt superrr hungry way more than usual so I'm eating all my calories today. :grumble:

Do you guys think my hunger issues were because of the fact that I didn't eat my exercise calories yesterday? (Btw I usually don't eat my exercise cals). I did elliptical machine at the gym (hill setting) for 60 minutes both today and yesterday at like 5-6pm.

It's weird I never get hungry after doing my Jillian Michael's workouts (at least not to this extent). But they're more like circuit training workouts not straight cardio. So....