How to ad a homemade meal?

Options
Hi,
I new at this so I don't know or understand how to ad a meal say a stirfry to my calorie counter? Do I have to ad each item as its own entry? Any help will be great. Adam

Replies

• thin_addiction
    Options
    Hi Adam -

I think the best way to add a homemade meal is to add each item individually. That would be the most accurate way, but you could also type in whatever you had, like "stir fry" into the search and there are usually a few options that should have around the same nutrition as your homemade meal.

Hope this helps! <3
  • Flyright
    Flyright Posts: 36
    Options
    I'd add each item.

then save it as a meal so you can reference it later.
  • Mausie
    Mausie Posts: 38
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Adam :smile:

To answer your question ... well, if I add a home cooked meal, I add each ingredient and once I'm done I click on the "remember meal" option and give it a name I will remember, such as StirFry.

Hope this helps .... and Good Luck on your journey!

:flowerforyou:
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    There are some recipe calculators available online, I've never used one so I couldn't tell you which one is best. I use a spreadsheet program (Excel or Works) and look up each food in a recipe. I then add up all the calories, Carbs, Fats, ect......, then I figure how many servings and divide the Calories, Carbs, Fats, ect........by that number to get how many per serving.
  • GlamNGlitter
    Options
    There are some recipe calculators available online, I've never used one so I couldn't tell you which one is best. I use a spreadsheet program (Excel or Works) and look up each food in a recipe. I then add up all the calories, Carbs, Fats, ect......, then I figure how many servings and divide the Calories, Carbs, Fats, ect........by that number to get how many per serving.

i have been wondering how to do that!! lol thanks :tongue: :happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • AdamA
    AdamA Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for all the answers. I'm sure I'll have more.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Today is my first day too! :happy: :flowerforyou: :love:

I love this site... many more features than the last one I used.

Best Wishes to you! :smooched: :heart:

My tips are:

Drink lots of water
    Move-Move-Move
    Stretch, Walk and Exercise Regularly
    Stay on Track but don't get discouraged when fall outs happen
    and Have Fun!!! :love: :bigsmile: