What Do You Drink? (non alcoholic)

Options
I am really fussy when it comes to day time drinks, and for a long time in my past, I was hardly drinking anything because of it.

I've never been a big coffee, tea or hot chocolate drinker (although I am temporarily in place of snacks). I am starting to drink water slowly. I don't like cordials and things like that. I am not a fan of fizzy drinks, and I refuse to waste calories on things like fruit juice or milk. I've tried green teas and herbals teas too - I just don't like any of it!

Is there really only water left?

What do you guys drink? Any suggestions?

Replies

• brutalbaby
    brutalbaby Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am the same, really fussy when it also comes to drink. I am trying my hardest to drink water, I do this by doing about 250mls of the stuff at a time. In between I will drink sparkling flavored water, and the occasional fruit juice. It is really hard!
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am really fussy when it comes to day time drinks, and for a long time in my past, I was hardly drinking anything because of it.

I've never been a big coffee, tea or hot chocolate drinker (although I am temporarily in place of snacks). I am starting to drink water slowly. I don't like cordials and things like that. I am not a fan of fizzy drinks, and I refuse to waste calories on things like fruit juice or milk. I've tried green teas and herbals teas too - I just don't like any of it!

Is there really only water left?

What do you guys drink? Any suggestions?

Yes.. if you don't drink coffee/tea, don't like anything fizzy (like club soda or tonic water) and don't want to spend calories on juice then water is what you're looking at... however, you can always add fresh fruit to your water to make it more interesting.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Other than my 1 espresso latte (I make at home), and my 1 protein smoothie a day, I only drink water.

I haven't had a soda in probably 15 years. I never drank diet soda then; just regular, and only occasionally.

Water is really the best thing for you anyway. There are only 2 things I can thank my ex for; 1 is my eldest son, and the other is buying a water cooler and refillable jugs for our home.

Filtered water made all the difference for me in getting started drinking more.

All 4 of my kids drink water all the time; with every meal; they even CHOOSE to order it in a restaurant and carry bottles to school.

You can get used to it, and then you'll miss it when you don't get enough.

blessings.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I love water!! So it is easy for me to get 10-12 cups in a day.

I drink juice as well mainly apple but occasional orange and grape. I stay away from soda.
  • littlemoonsandy
    littlemoonsandy Posts: 1,930
    Options
    Just water I use to only drink soda and coffee all day everyday..I hated water but I found that I love it now with tons and tons of ice in it, I drink almost a gallon a day.
  • MichelleKacz
    Options
    I used to hate herbal tea's too, but if you just force yourself you eventually train your taste buds to enjoy it. If you don't like hot drinks, try make sugar free iced-tea? Otherwise I drink sparkling water with a fresh squeeze of lemon. Otherwise good old water is all you really need.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I drink water and green tea for the most part, and occasionally a diet soda. I also enjoy a small hot chocolate in the morning with breakfast.
  • Crumleygirl
    Crumleygirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Pickle juice? I bet it's gross though. Pickles are zero calories. Otherwise water. I'm not sure if flavor packets have calories.
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    used to be tea, but now coke zero, I save about 24 cals that way,,,
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I still drink my 2 cups of black coffee everyday, and 2 cups of black tea otherwise It is water.... and I am still trying to train myself to get up to 8 glasses. I only drink diet soda sometimes and never in the colder seasons.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Water and coffee. If it's not alcohol, it's not worth the calories, in my opinion.
  • beckieleigh
    Options
    I hate drinking bland water so I tried Mio. You add a few drops to water and it enhances your water with different flavors like peach tea, strawberry watermelon, fruit punch, etc. The even have energy ones but the green energy one doesn't taste all that great in my opinion. It has zero calories and I haven't done much research but I believe it's okay for you, especially when you consider the alternatives.

Here's the Mio site if you don't have a clue of what I'm talking about :)

http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    that's tough! :tongue: you basically named off everything I drink in the non alcoholic division as things you don't like. Have you tried adding a couple slices of cucumber and a mint spring or fresh fruit to your water? to make fruit essence water? what about coconut water? about 60 cals in a 14 oz bottle

If you like milk but don't want the cals, there's almond, coconut, soy or rice milk.

hope you can find something you like! :):flowerforyou:
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    water & diet soda
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    plain water, any kind of juice (pineapple, apple, orange), tea (have been trying hibiscus and chamomille, cold ones, I dont like hot tea), coffee, diet soda once a week..
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I drink flavoured water. I can't drink plain water, but I didn't want to be consuming excessive amounts of soda for the rest of my life.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    every morning i must have my apple juice juice box- it is an obsession.
    about mid-day i require caffiene and i do not like coffee or tea so i have one can of diet dr pepper or coke zero.
    otherwise i always drink water.
    except in restaurants, i don't like the water usually and i don't want any calories so i get a coke zero if i am eating out.
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Plain water, sparkling water, green tea, regular tea (no milk) and the occasional fruit juice... Plus one or two nespresso coffee's per day with skim, soy or almond milk and no sugar.
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    cups of tea or coffee but mainly plain water, occasionally a pepsi max!
  • CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If you struggle with water, there are many low or no calorie flavored things you can mix with your water.

Im currently addicted to Mio (not a fan of the tea flavors but I like the fruit ones) because its no mess and its easy to add to any amount of water.

There are many powdered varieties too. I really enjoyed the Ocean-Spray cranberry flavored ones (Cranberry-Lime was my fav) and they were something like 5 calories per serving. The problem with a lot of the powdered ones for me was that they suggested mixing in a 16.9 oz water bottle and that was simply way too strong. I just carried a reusable/refillable/washable bottle that held a reasonable amount of water for those packets.